View Full Version : OS 2002 v. 2003 plus problems with Belkin keyboard

DocBen
08-10-2003, 12:31 AM
I purchased the T750 a month prior to the roll out of their "upgraded" units, i.e. those with the 2003 OS. I returned the original unit to Toshiba for a full refund and bought a new 750 saving 100$ in the process. Running the same software, it's clear to me that the older OS was VASTLY superior. I never soft reset the old unit, but this unit hangs up at least once/day or doesn't allow me to use the shortcut buttons at odd times. A soft reset fixes all.

Also bought a Belkin keyboard. It never worked with the 750 so I contacted Belkin and got the follwing reply: "Thank you for contacting Belkin Components. The F8A1500 is not compatible with Toshiba e750 yet. We are still working on the drivers but we do not have a release date."

This, despite the fact that the F8A1500 keyboard is sold by both Toshiba and Belkin as being compatible with the 750.

On the other hand, I love the 750 and couldn't do my job without it. Just wish I hadn't "upgraded" my system!! Not all new things are better...

BTS
08-19-2003, 03:16 AM
That's odd about your e750 WM2003 hanging up. I've had mine for over a month and haven't experienced any hangups or problems with it.

As for the keyboards they are compatible with PPC 2002. Because WM 2003 is based upon CE.net 4.2 the old driver will not work. There will eventually be a keyboard driver but it's not there.

One idea is to buy the USB expansion cable (It's $30 CDN). You can then hook up any USB keyboard. The virtually indestructable keyboard is really cool, rolls up, and can be used.

Hope this helps!