View Full Version : What's your most frustrating feature? (Of Pocket PC OS)

carphead
08-09-2003, 09:22 PM
I'll tell what really really really bugs me the most!

The postition of the home button in Pocket IE. When your writing a post on Pocket PC Thoughts (of course) and using the keyboard. Hit the space bar and miss and tap the home button. :cry:

It drives me mad :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

xoiph
08-10-2003, 05:26 AM
I know we've discussed this enough, but the darn "X" button that doesn't close. :twak:

Cortex
08-10-2003, 05:43 AM
letter recognizers feature of allowing "."s to be entered anywhere rather than in the punctuation area. it stops word completion in its tracks almost continuously for me...

Excalliber
08-10-2003, 06:24 AM
itask can close more apps than the running program list. The built in list misses programs, settings, cleartype tuner, and all that sort of stuff. :?

Prevost
08-10-2003, 08:52 PM
itask can close more apps than the running program list. The built in list misses programs, settings, cleartype tuner, and all that sort of stuff. :?To REALLY close programs, do you need to go to the hack and close there or the hack you use acts background when you tap "x"?

Excalliber
08-10-2003, 08:58 PM
I don't use a hack... just the running programs list under memory, or more commonly itask. It works well enough for me. I guess you could consider itask a hack, but it comes with the h2210, so i don't.

Prevost
08-10-2003, 10:04 PM
I don't use a hack... just the running programs list under memory, or more commonly itask. It works well enough for me. I guess you could consider itask a hack, but it comes with the h2210, so i don't.Anyway, does itask do what I mentioned before? I mean, does it automatically close programs not in use as soon as you tap "x"?

Excalliber
08-10-2003, 11:24 PM
No, you push the itask button (which is the bottom right button if you face the screen with the dpad down... at least on the 221x), wich brings up a list of all running programs in the lower right hand corner of the screen. From there you can click a task to bring it to the front, or open a context menu by tapping and holding one of the running apps.

The context menu has three options. I don't have my 2210 with me right now, but I think they are close this task, close all tasks, and close all inactive tasks.

itask also has three buttons underneath the list. The rightmost button sends you to the brightness control panel, and the other two open up menus that contain the selections you can make from the settings window.

I should :nonono: shouldn't I? :lol:

Prevost
08-11-2003, 02:22 AM
No, you push the itask button (which is the bottom right button if you face the screen with the dpad down... at least on the 221x), wich brings up a list of all running programs in the lower right hand corner of the screen. From there you can click a task to bring it to the front, or open a context menu by tapping and holding one of the running apps.

The context menu has three options. I don't have my 2210 with me right now, but I think they are close this task, close all tasks, and close all inactive tasks.

itask also has three buttons underneath the list. The rightmost button sends you to the brightness control panel, and the other two open up menus that contain the selections you can make from the settings window.

I should :nonono: shouldn't I? :lol:Well, this is an issue for the "evolution of a thread" thread :mrgreen:

Paul
08-11-2003, 06:01 AM
iPaq 221x

The freaking autodial feature. I use a bluetooth phone to connect via GPRS. Well I usually leave bluetooth off on the iPaq until I know I want to use it. Autodial keeps popping up everyonce in awhile and says it cannot connect.

How do I disable the autodial??? Please help.

wocket
08-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Removing or inserting SD or CF cards the iPAQ 2210 turns itself on which did'nt happen on my 3850.

GoldKey
08-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Removing or inserting SD or CF cards the iPAQ 2210 turns itself on which did'nt happen on my 3850.

Agreed, the Dell does it too. I think the reason it did not happen on the Ipaq was because of the expansion pack.

just
08-12-2003, 07:05 PM
When the Reminder LED has the 'Flash for no limit' setting but mine stops flashing after a couple :?

griph
08-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Fine - as long as you have an iPAQ! ;-)

I use magic button (free 62kB download) - it puts up an icon in the top right corner that does close the app - I have no probs! It also shows open app icons on the top bar al la wisbar - but you can swap back and forth between Magic Button and standard bar with a click of the button!