View Full Version : iPaq h2215 Speaker Problems

chunkymonkey75
08-09-2003, 04:19 PM
I wondering if anyone else here has noticed that their speaker makes a crackel noise whenever the speaker is first used. I backed up the device and performed a hard reset and the problem continued. When I plug in the headphones the problem goes way.

Sometimes it can only be heard when the room you are in is silent. I'm wondering if the problem has always been there and I just now noticed it.

aexidic
08-10-2003, 08:08 AM
oh damn, does mine ever crackle 8O
With normal use I don't notice anything, but when I tried playing a game it was HORRIBLE!

I have a 2210 btw. Same thing but sold in a different region, or soemthing.. either way, I have the same problem.

I'd also want to know what the hell this is all about... I want clear audio :evil:

chunkymonkey75
08-10-2003, 02:21 PM
I even tried installing a patch that was designed for the h3000 series iPaqs. It was intended to address issues where you'd hear a crackle noise at the end of a WAV file. It installed ok...but no success.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/download/15264.html

I was reading your other posts....sorry for all your bad luck. I would consider returning that unit. I know others have stated that they ended up getting a new unit with new problems. Please keep in mind, that in forums, people don't usually go out of their way to tell how great everything is working for them.

arndb
08-10-2003, 05:43 PM
I have a 2210 (German Version). The speaker (and headphones) makes that noise at the begining of every mp3 (Media player) :(

My last device (Toshiba e570) had that problem too. One of my reasons to buy a new device was to have a better sound... :cry:

chunkymonkey75
08-12-2003, 01:00 PM
I have two other co-workers that have the very same model iPaq (h2215). They didn't realize that their speaker did the very same thing. Both of them shrugged it off and one of them said that I must be the most anal retentive person alive. (probably right) I think that I might have always had that but just now noticed. I'm hoping that a future ROM update may address this.