View Full Version : newbie help!

08-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Hi People,
I am very new to the whole pocket PC and Wireless LAN stuff but I have recently purchased a WLAN PC card and Acess point. And I eally need alot of help trying to acess the internet from my pocket pc. can anymeone give me a step by step instructions on how to connect. If someone has already posted this somewhere im sorry. I know im not very good at this stuff but I would be very greatful if someone could help me thanks.

SHoTTa35
08-09-2003, 06:22 PM
well first of all, start telling us which hardware you bought... which versions so we can help you configure it.

08-09-2003, 06:40 PM
I have the iPAQ 3970 with a Intel PRO Wireless 2011B LAN adaptor and my desktop is using WIN XP Professional and my acesspoint is Creative BritePort 2103. I think my main problem now is I dont know how to sync desktop and pokcet PC using WLAN

08-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Please can someone teach me how Sync my desktop using WLAN ?

08-16-2003, 10:42 PM
please can someone help.......... I just want to be able to share my internet connection on my desktop with my pocket pc.. can someone teach me?

christak
08-17-2003, 12:08 AM
http://www.oecadvantage.net/ajarvi/The_Illustrated_Network.html

8)

08-17-2003, 05:34 PM
Thanks. And 1 more question is it possible to connect to the internet with just a wireless lan acess point and a WLAN pc card without anything to do with my desktop computer?

Bob Anderson
08-17-2003, 06:07 PM
Sure... if your wireless access point is connected to your broadband connection (i.e., cable modem or DSL or ??) and is set up to run, then you don't have to have a computer connected to allow you to use the connection with your PPC...

The problem is, most access points require a certain amount of configuration, and quite honestly, I'm not sure how well the configuration would work if all you had to access the router was your PPC. Once the configuration was up and running, however, you wouldn't have to have a PC connected and your PPC could be the "sole" client on the wireless network.

Hope this helps.

08-17-2003, 08:19 PM
thanks alot for that info. :D I can configure my router? with my desktop? sorry if im a little stupid

08-18-2003, 05:36 PM
OK i managed to connect through VPN. is it possible to use VNP to connect to the net?

08-29-2003, 01:28 AM
Ok, I know I have been very annoying constantly asking questions but I really want this to get this to work. Thanks for those who have already helped me. My last request is can someone please tell what should I do next to connect to the net. I managed to active sync through WLAN but I still don't know how to connect to the net. can someone please help. thanks

09-01-2003, 03:03 PM
I have enabled ICS on my desktop and set my Pocket Pc's DNS to 192.168.0.1 and I set all my setting to WORK and This network connects to the internet. However I still cant connect to the internet can someone please help me I have been constantly trying for over a month now.......