View Full Version : Mutliple Bluetooth Connections.

Nev
08-09-2003, 01:40 PM
First, sorry if this is the thread for this question.

I have just purchased a TomTom Wireless GPS & Ipaq 5550 and was wondering if I could use a headset to listen to the audi directions.

Basically am I able to have more that one bluetooth device connected tot he ipaq. I have tried GPS and Nokia 6310i but can only get them working seperately.

Any help, pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nev :)

Nev
08-09-2003, 04:57 PM
Come on people, someone must know the answer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Nev :?

SHoTTa35
08-09-2003, 06:17 PM
well from my Ipaq i can connect to my T68is and my PC at the sametime. I might even try connecting the T68is to the PC at the sametime too. I just wish i could keep the sync constant between the phone and PC like with my ipaq and PC :D

Bob Anderson
08-09-2003, 06:19 PM
From what I've read, the iPaq bluetooth profiles do not support the headset profile!

So, the answer to your question, as I understand it is no. Since the iPaq would have to be the "hub" of the bluetooth activity... and since it doesn't support the headset profile... then bonding a headset to the iPaq won't produce any sound in the headset.

I've been told that HP (formerly Compaq) was going to work on a headset profile, but I haven't seen anything yet.

SHoTTa35
08-09-2003, 09:01 PM
From what I've read, the iPaq bluetooth profiles do not support the headset profile!

So, the answer to your question, as I understand it is no. Since the iPaq would have to be the "hub" of the bluetooth activity... and since it doesn't support the headset profile... then bonding a headset to the iPaq won't produce any sound in the headset.

I've been told that HP (formerly Compaq) was going to work on a headset profile, but I haven't seen anything yet.

the 54XX devices support the headset profile by default. You can add it to the 2215 by a registry hack so check out the forums for that info. It's pretty easy to do, just change a value from 0 to 1 and you're ready to go with the new headset profile..