View Full Version : Network documentation software

mberry
08-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on a program that will hold documented network infrastructure information i.e. server names, ip addresses, hardware and software info, router info, etc...

Several years (before i saw the PPC light) i used a palm with Tecsync
http://www.tecsync.com/.

It was a simple application that allowed me to document all the important information about my network. It also had a sync to desktop application (desktop syncing is not that critical, but nice).

Now, since the days of me owning a palm are long gone... i wish i had that application again. Tecsync states on their website they have a PPC edition but it has been "under developement" for over a year now. I did get them to send me a beta of the PPC application (it was very buggy) and after suggesting several improvement and pointing out bugs, they still havent updated their build for it (its over a year old now). Now they dont even answer email requests for information about when it will be ready.

So i have to give up on them, but was hoping some of the other IT pros out there might suggest an application to fill those needs.

Also, i know people are going to say "get a database program and build your own" and if i had time i would.

Thanks in advance