View Full Version : Pocket PC EverQuest #1

PalaciosAn
08-08-2003, 04:11 PM
I have EverQuest the first one for the Pocket PC and I have a Dell Axim5, I installed the game to the main mem not on a SD or CF card. I now have the T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone and I would like to install the game but I have to install it in a SD card. Once I install the game I moved the .CSS and the .SAV file over to the new directory on the SD card and my character is not there. I have even copied over the entire directory over to see if that would do it but it did not. Does any one know how to move over my character over to my new PDA?

Dave Beauvais
08-08-2003, 05:54 PM
With Episode 1, you first need to copy the PocketEQE1_x.nam and PocketEQE1_x.sav files from the old Pocket PC. (Where x is a nubmer from 0 through 3 representing the character slot on the character selection screen.)

Next, on the new PPC, create a "dummy" character in the same character slot as the old one. For example, if your old character was in the first character slot, put your "dummy" character in this same slot. It doesn't matter what class the character is or anything; all you're doing in this step is setting up the necessary entries in the Pocket PC registry.

Next, exit the game and copy the .sav and .nam files that you copied from your Axim into the game's folder on your storage card, overwriting the two files that are already there from the dummy character.

Finally, start the game again. You'll notice on the character selection screen that the level and location of the character are wrong, but this will be fixed after you actually load that character. At this point, you should be able to pick up right where you left off on your Axim!

I would encourage you to make use of the EQPocket Support Forum (http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/eqpocket/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi), as well. Most questions have already been asked and answered there, and it's a good place to go for help on this fun series of games.

Have fun!

--Dave

PalaciosAn
08-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Thanks for your help, that solved my problem. I did not know that there was an EQ forum here I did not see it. I will take any further enquiries there. Once again thanks