View Full Version : Bluetooth CF card speed issue

seidler
08-08-2003, 09:57 AM
Hi,

after I got my BT CF card to work, I'm highly dissatisfied with the speed it gives. It seems like the CF card works as a serial port, and thus the maximum speed cannot be more than the given 115200 Baud.

So, when I copy a file, the speed is about 9 kByte/s, which is really much too slow, given it could be 100kB/s! Is this a general issue to these cards, or is it working better with other brands? Mine is a CC&C, from the Brando Workshop. Basically, I thought I'd get more or same speed than with the USB cradle.

Thanks,

Stefan

TopDog
08-08-2003, 10:11 AM
If you have a BT-unit that you can use as a LAN-point, you should get up to 2Mbit speed. If you connect the BT as a "seriall port" you only get 115K... is a matter of configuration.

seidler
08-08-2003, 10:42 AM
If you connect the BT as a "seriall port" you only get 115K... is a matter of configuration.
Well, that's what it should be like. But apparently, when I copy files using the "File Transfer" profile, it should be faster than serial port - but it isn't. The ActiveSync serial port connection is slow, that's clear and I don't complain about that.

PAN access is possible with my adapter, and I just managed to get it to work, but still 9kB/s is maximum. Kinda :cry:

Thanks,

Stefan

surur
08-09-2003, 04:53 PM
Just to keep this thread alive... Ive got the same problem with my loox and a tecom bluetooth dongle, also about 9-10kb/sec

I would *looove* 100kb/sec, and if there is *any* way to do this, I would appreciate some advice...

btw, I do have the lan service enabled.

Surur