View Full Version : HP 2215 Case Update?

coppertop
08-08-2003, 02:09 AM
Has anyone heard of any cases on the horizon for the 2215? I know Vaja has started production but $55 is a little steep. Has anyone going to produce a simple flip cover that snaps into the divots on the back of the device?

I like the Proporta that was highlighted on the front page but, it doesn't seem too practical for ease of access. I would imagine it's a matter of time before they make one for the 2215.

Anthony Caruana
08-08-2003, 02:51 AM
I'm thinking of ordering one of these

http://shop.brando.com.hk/pdairipaq2210case.php

Regards

Jason Dunn
08-08-2003, 03:02 AM
Has anyone heard of any cases on the horizon for the 2215? I know Vaja has started production but $55 is a little steep.

Vaja had a pre-order offer that, when combined with the $20 Vaja discount you get for being a subscriber, resulted in the case costing only $26 USD. :-) The offer is over now though, unless you want to become a subscriber and get that $55 case for $35. :mrgreen:

Crystal just posted a review that PDA Corps did on a Piel Frama case - check the front page.

pschultz
08-08-2003, 04:05 AM
Has anyone going to produce a simple flip cover that snaps into the divots on the back of the device?
I am looking for the same thing. I thought at I saw on some website that a flip cover was "comming soon," but unfortunately, I don't remember the website.

Update: Here (http://www.thepocketsolution.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PSI-029&Category_Code=Ipaq2215Accessories&Product_Count=37) is the link to the flip cover. I think it is the type that is attached by velcro. Atleast, that is how the Dell and Palm ones are held on.

Christian
08-08-2003, 05:15 AM
I'm afraid that the Pocket Solution flip covers - including the iPaq 2215 model - will just velcro onto the back of the device, which defeats the whole point IMHO. Granted, I would love to be proven wrong, but in the meantime I will continue to wait until HP finally makes that simple flip cover...

cab124
08-08-2003, 03:09 PM
I think a flip-cover that attaches to the existing notches on the back of the device would be great, but my concerns are:

1. Without a leather case that covers the whole device, the device will be subject to scratching.

2. How will a flip cover work with a WiFi card installed (with the antenna protruding out of the top of the device?)

pschultz
08-08-2003, 03:48 PM
2. How will a flip cover work with a WiFi card installed (with the antenna protruding out of the top of the device?)
More than likely, you would have to take the WiFi card out when you want to close the lid. That is the same for most cases (except the ones with the CF slot cut out.