View Full Version : PPCZone Reviews Proporta iPAQ Case

Jason Dunn
08-07-2003, 09:21 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.ppczone.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=15' target='_blank'>http://www.ppczone.net/modules.php?...owcontent&id=15</a><br /><br /></div>"Upon taking out the case, I witnessed a beautiful aluminum design. This case is made of 100%aircraft grade aluminum, therefore, you can be sure that this case can withstand the worst case scenarios. The case is held together by an aluminum clasp, so the cover will not open as easily. At the bottom right at the front of the case is the Proporta logo which consists of several oval rings. The back of the case has the proporta website address as well as two screws that hold the plastic piece that allows the Pocket PC to snap into place."

pschultz
08-07-2003, 09:25 PM
That link goes to the review for the iPAQ 36/38/39/54XX Aluminum Case by Proporta not the iPAQ 2215.

mbeatle
08-07-2003, 09:32 PM
Its like deja vu all over again. The various incarnations of this aluminum case sure get a lot of press here...

Jason Dunn
08-07-2003, 09:35 PM
That link goes to the review for the iPAQ 36/38/39/54XX Aluminum Case by Proporta not the iPAQ 2215.

Yeah, that was my fault - I didn't look at the review closely enough. :oops: It's not for the 2215.

JonnoB
08-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Yeah, that was my fault - I didn't look at the review closely enough. :oops: It's not for the 2215.

I was very excited to read a review on a 221x case - oh well

Jimmy Dodd
08-07-2003, 09:59 PM
I wasn't reading very carefully and got all the way to the part about an opening on the side so you could access the record button before I realized this wasn't about a 2215.

:roll: Man, it's been a long day.

Christian
08-08-2003, 05:10 AM
Every time I see another mention of one of these aluminum cases, it makes me even more frustrated about the absence of a flip cover. Is it really that hard? :? Or at least an aluminum case that opens upwards instead of sideways. Has this ever been done (for any PDA?)

JonnoB
08-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Has this ever been done (for any PDA?)

Yes - HP Jornada

I think the iPaq design team (group that survived the merger) are just anti-Jornada and won't give in to the idea that the Jornada had many features that were better than any iPaq.