View Full Version : Ipaq 2200 wont turn back on

spinerep
08-07-2003, 06:02 PM
Hi have an ipaq 2215. have the new SPB pocket plus 1.3 instaled with delorme Xmap, and Pocket tv insataled. These are the only third party software on it. Ipaq seems to work fine then i turn it off and it won't come back untill i soft reset it. Any thoughts? I guess it's back to best buy. :(

spinerep
08-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Figured it out. I have the stoweaway keyboard and loaded the driver yesterday, thats when it all started. Why is this. I have it on the SD card?

easylife
08-07-2003, 06:22 PM
I have it on the SD card

My gut feeling is you don't want ANY software drivers on your SD card, only in the RAM. Furthermore, there appears to be quirks with the stowaway keyboard driver in that you can't turn on your device w/out a soft reset if it's attached to the keyboard when powered on. Of course I can't exactly help you now, but these are tips for the future! :wink:

boanerges
08-07-2003, 09:03 PM
I don't have any software drivers installed but i do have an sd card and i get the same problem with my 2215 that i bought from best buy. It doesn't happen every time but it is very frequent and a pain.

easylife
08-07-2003, 09:08 PM
Can you guys nail down specific circumstances that cause this to happen? :?

sracer
08-07-2003, 09:31 PM
This is a well known problem with the Stowaway drivers. There's a workaround that requires loading and unloading a section of the registry and soft-resetting for the changes to take effect. The HP2200 section on Brighthand has the steps listed.

boanerges
09-10-2003, 09:32 PM
Sorry I just let this issue drop. Here are the details:
My Ipaq 2215 will not turn back on after it has been sitting in its cradle and has been connected by Activesync. When I remove it and it shuts itself off it won't come back on without a soft reset. It ALWAYS happens after it has been in the cradle and then shut itself off and NEVER happens when it shuts itself off and has not been in the cradle. It has become a real pain for me.
Anyone have any ideas?

Jason Lee
10-22-2003, 07:25 PM
It is a problem with power management. I have the exact same problem. It also happens sometimes when I turn the backlight off by holding the power button for 2 seconds and then shut the device off. It won't come back on without a reboot. It also happens to me after i sync. something to do with when the backlight setting changes from exteranl power to battery. Lots of people have this problem. Most likely the only fix will be a rom update from hp. :(