View Full Version : Increasing Ringtone and other Sounds

Arkhangel
08-07-2003, 06:23 AM
I took my T-Mobile PPC and upgraded the ROM to AT&T's latest ROM. Since then, all of my system sounds (for the most part) start off quiet and then increase in volume. I have checked every single setting on the device and it still happens.

Now, today, I downloaded and installed Pocket Music 2.0, and when I played my first song through that, it started off quiet and then increased in volume just like my ringtones and message notification sounds!

Does anyone have a clue as to how to fix this? Am I going to have to reinstall the ROM again? Point me in the right direction, thanks!

kirel98
08-13-2003, 06:15 PM
Quote from a user at PDAPhoneHome.com:
User: Lazarus
Original Thread URL: here (http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32582)
The "Increasing ring" thing is due to the acoustic shock requirement from Siemens. The volume ramps up over two seconds. So if you have a long ringtone you will see after two seconds it will remain at full volume.

It seems that Siemens thought that having the pocketPC come on at full volume had the chance of causing injury to the unsuspecting user that keeps his/her headphones in his/her ears and has the volume at maximum.. They required that the latest AT&T rom have the volume ramp up so that the user would not be blasted by full volume noises.

So, there is not a way to remove the volume ramp-up short of removing the latest AT&T update to the device. You would have to downgrade to your previous rom version or put another rom version that was not provided by AT&T on the device to avoid the ramping on the volume.