View Full Version : 2210 Internet Via Bluetooth

FunHouse82
08-07-2003, 12:11 AM
I am trying to set up an internet connection through my computers lan with Bluetooth on my pda. Everything I have tried does not work.

I have an Ipaq 2215 and on my computet I have Dsl speed internet via networking with my dads computer. That is done with Wires...

I am trying to serf the net on my pda using the internet on my computer. But I cant. Can anyone help? I would really appreciate it.

dwildone
08-07-2003, 01:01 AM
First, you need to create a partnership to connect to the network with your desktop using the Bluetooth manager on your PPC. If this is not an option when you try to configure the connection, you may need to enable that connection in the Bluetooth software on your computer. Also, if you are using Win XP, you may want to try sharing the connection that is your link to the internet (by opening the connections screen from My Network Places. My bluetooth connection to the internet was eratic until I did this, and now it works every time. If you still need help, post the specifics of your setup (i.e. the OS you are running, the brand of bluetooth adapter you are using on your computer) so that we can be of more help :wink:

freitasm
08-07-2003, 01:46 AM
You can have a look in our Bluetooth Guides (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449).

The H3970 shows what to do on a Windows 2000 machine, and the H5450 guides shows how to configure a Windows XP machine.

The Bluetooth Manager on your H2210 will be similar to the H5450, so follow that guide for instructions on your PPC configuration.

There's a checklist with things to look for if the connection fails.

Good luck (not that you need - it should work fine :D )