View Full Version : 2215 and GSM connection

fastrush
08-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Hi everybody..
i have ordered my 2215 and hopefully it's on its way. The question growing in my head is that what will be the best and easiest way to maintain GSM connection for my. I have a T68i and i am happy with it, on the other hand i will end up with two things to carry around.. nothing new. The idea of connecting a CF GSM card like the one from convergent seems very tempting, but how practicle is that.. and does anybody know how long will it last switched on.. if it's not such a bad idea then are there any other choices for GSM CF cards (Siemens for eg.).. please let me know
Thanks in advance

griffin911
08-06-2003, 04:01 PM
The T68i should have built in bluetooth connectivity. Just use bluetooth to connect the devices and connect via GPRS. Your phone can stay in your pocket. Just a suggestion....why buy another piece of equipment?

absolutVenky
08-06-2003, 05:58 PM
I use BT to connect via my T68i and 2215. I also have the Convergent card from my Dell Axim days but I haven't tried it out on the 2215 yet. I'm not sure if the drivers will work with PPC 2003. I will check it out this weekend and post my results.

However I do prefer using BT and the T68i for two reasons - I carry the T68i anyway so why carry another CF card? Also it distributes power consumption across two devices and I get better battery life on the PDA.

I hope you're not considering using the GPRS card for your voice calls instead of the T68i? It's a pain to use even with a good dialer like Running Voice GSM.