View Full Version : Bluetooth Recommendations

bgate
08-06-2003, 03:48 AM
So, which card is the best and which card is the best with Axim? I just received my new phone (Siemens S56-because I know you want to know) and am anxious to pair the two up.

Also, any good tutorials out there? I'm sure it isn't as easy as everyone says...

Thank-you much!

ECOslin
08-06-2003, 04:16 AM
Don't know what the best is, but Belkin worked fine in the 30ft range.

Edward

Sven Johannsen
08-06-2003, 04:46 PM
Not Ambicom. (Hardware is OK, software is abysmal)

bgate
08-06-2003, 09:52 PM
I found the Socket card while surfing around. I like that it is completely contained in the card size-no antenna sticking out like the Belkin. Anyone out there try one of those?

dh
08-06-2003, 10:17 PM
I don't use BT on my own PPC, but I have had the chance to use the Socket BT card on an Ipaq in the past.

It's the only one I would buy, I believe it's the only card that sits flush in the slot so you can close your case.

Performance is good too.

Socket products are generally a bit expensive, being designed for industrial as well as consumer applications. This of course is reflected in the performance and quality.

acronym
08-16-2003, 08:31 PM
I have the socket card. It worked fine with ppc2002 and the axim. ppc2003 doesn't work at all with it - the drivers on the socket site say it is for 2003, but it is dated back in june '03 - so I'm hoping for an update.

The built in drivers in '03 recognize the card and I can do data transfers, but I can't use my phone or use activesync/missing sync over BT

actually, activesync worked once over bt and socket's drivers, but then I lost the ability to transfer data