View Full Version : anyone experience wireless 'weirdness' with ppc and wm 2003

dave3
08-06-2003, 03:19 AM
ok I think this is clear....probably thinking about 5555 in particular but any ppc would suffice.

dave3
08-06-2003, 03:31 AM
ok In my limited experience with ppc2003 and wlan thus far...
I have every security precaution off...
I just set it up a night ago and am just testing...
99% of the time it has worked right...
rarely it will freeze up.
often it appears to give a false connection/signal strength where I know it couldn't be connected (down the street at gas station it says I am at 4 bars signal!)

dave3
08-10-2003, 06:21 AM
ok I have yet another comment about some problems with my ipaq 5555 and wm2003. I have had a number of problems and I believe it is partially due to my setup (us robotics 2210 inside an older pII 350). Internet connection sharing is on.
#1 Cant get it to work with wep... perhaps I am missing something simple like not assigning the key properly?
#2 got a really weird message "remnet.exe cannot open 'remnet'. A critical component is either missing or cannot start because program memory is unavailable. Tap start > Settings > System tab > memory, stop programs that did not automatically, and try again."

I did this but the only program that was running is pocket internet explorer!!! Sorta defeats the whole purpose if I were to shut it off. Any suggestions? :(

update a couple of things happened. I tried to exit out of pocket ie and something called cursor appeared AFTER I clicked to shut off pocket ie (like it appeared hidden behind pocket ie). I shut both programs down but then the ipaq froze on me! had to soft reset. This gets tiresome.