View Full Version : CF options

pschultz
08-05-2003, 11:14 PM
My previous PDA was an iPAQ 3835. I recently upgraded to the iPAQ 2215, which has a CF slot. I am looking for an accessory to fill that slot. I already have a 128 MB & 256 MB SD cards, so I don't need anymore memory. What options to I have for CF cards?

Jason Dunn
08-05-2003, 11:15 PM
802.11b (WiFi) and GPS come to mind. :-)

PPCRules
08-06-2003, 12:21 AM
For some reason it doesn't seem too popular and doesn't get talked about much here, but I have a 56K CF modem that I make the most use out of. Just dial your ISP, start AvantGo sync and the device updates your 'newpaper'. No computer with activesync installed needed, just a phone jack. The unit powers off and disconnects so you can just start the download and walk away.
I used to dial into work and could do a complete ActiveSync update, but they changed dial in systems so I can't do that anymore.

I also have a CF Bluetooth module (bluetooth doesn't do all that much), and just got a wired Ethernet CF card since work switched to a more 'advanced' (more secure) wireless system that does not support the PocketPC (at this point, at least).

How about an FM radio for your CF slot? Not a big deal; it just uses the PDA for user interface and power source. Sound just goes to a seperate headphone jack. But I got it for $20; couldn't resist.

You can also get adapters for other memory cards such as memory stick, xD, you could even get an SD adapter and use both your cards at once. Especially useful if you have a digital camera or camcorder that uses another format.

Besides that, there are VGA out adapters, barcode readers, a stereo line in audio adapter and even a PCMCIA to CF adapter that worka with a limited set of PCMCIA cards.

Some of these get pricey and appeal to a limited audience (these often go together), but there isn't any excuse for having your CF slot empty (except that many of these stick out a ways and may not fit in your case).

maximus
08-06-2003, 02:24 AM
My previous PDA was an iPAQ 3835. I recently upgraded to the iPAQ 2215, which has a CF slot. I am looking for an accessory to fill that slot. I already have a 128 MB & 256 MB SD cards, so I don't need anymore memory. What options to I have for CF cards?

G-P-R-S !!!