View Full Version : Males vs. females on PPCT...

PetiteFlower
08-05-2003, 06:05 PM
I would be very surprised if any woman ever carried a PDA in a shirt pocket...

Yes but I doubt the 4 of us would be skewing the results much :)

Sunnyone
08-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Aren't there more than 4 of us by now??? :lol: I thought that Kati and Crystal would have gotten us a few new additions by now.

Janak Parekh
08-05-2003, 06:18 PM
Aren't there more than 4 of us by now??? :lol: I thought that Kati and Crystal would have gotten us a few new additions by now.
Well, their jobs aren't to recruit per se... ;)

However, I do think we have about 10 active female posters.

--janak

PetiteFlower
08-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Hm yeah 4 is probably a slight understatement but there aren't many more then that who post REGULARLY. There are 3 of us in the top 20 posters and Crystal is #23, I didn't recognize any other people from 24-40 as female and most of them were names I know.

There are probably about a dozen females signed up and active right now, just a wild guess though!

PetiteFlower
08-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Though I do have to say, I was wondering what's wrong with me that the other 2 most recognizable female posters got hired on and not me!

;)

Sunnyone
08-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Though I do have to say, I was wondering what's wrong with me that the other 2 most recognizable female posters got hired on and not me!

;)
You seem quite worthy, though! Maybe they'll be looking to hire #3 soon. :clap:

Sunnyone
08-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Sorry about contributing to the PPC Thoughts off-topic-effect! I seem to have a bad habit of doing that....

Janak Parekh
08-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Discussion was split from here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=146879#146879).

PF: hiring is a complicated process on PPCT. ;) Crystal's name came up because she has her own blog and, if you've seen it, experience in writing "news-like" posts. As for Kati, she was in the top 2 in non-staff in posts... and Pony is already a staff member on another Pocket PC site.

--janak

PetiteFlower
08-05-2003, 08:16 PM
Oh I figured there was more to it then that, but I WAS wondering what is it about a poster that makes them "staff material". Actually I'm really glad that the staff has some women on it now, chick geeks represent!

maximus
08-06-2003, 02:35 AM
Oh I figured there was more to it then that, but I WAS wondering what is it about a poster that makes them "staff material". Actually I'm really glad that the staff has some women on it now, chick geeks represent!

eh, how do you define 'staff material' ?