View Full Version : 2215 SD Card error 31

rogrees
08-05-2003, 07:40 AM
I have a 256 sd card and I am trying to copy some music files onto it. However, after about 1 or 2 songs (8 MB), I get an error saying something like a device attached to the system is not functioning. That is when I am using activesync. When I try to copy from my CF card to the SD card, I get something like - error 31 - cannot communicate with device. HP tech support has been no help. Has anyone else experienced any problems with their 2200s and sd cards. Keep in mind that these cards used to work on my 3800 and with my digital camera. Now I cannot get any of my cards to work properly with any device. In the memory manager it says that the card has 21 megs of data on it, even when it is empty. I have tried downloading flash format to reformat the disks, but the program gives me the same error 31 and won't let me reformat any of them. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Dave Beauvais
08-05-2003, 08:27 AM
I'm just going to throw out a guess and say that the card is made by SanDisk. :roll: Whatever the case, do you have an SD card reader for your PC that you could try to format the card in? Sometimes Windows has better luck formatting a card than the Pocket PC, but it sounds like the card has failed. If it's still under warranty, you should consider having it replaced as soon as possible.

--Dave