View Full Version : SOS! 5450 users with latest WLAN installed, come in pls!

ralliart12
08-04-2003, 03:24 PM
People, I'd screwed up my WLAN through mis-using the software "Remover". Now, my WLAN refuses to activate(no green LED, "iPaq WLAN" keeps reporting my WLAN is physically off, etc).

What happened was:

1. I executed Remover, navigated to "Bad/Old Uninstall info".
2. "HP iPaq WLAN Firmware Update" was listed as 1 of the items.
3. Remembering that the online readme for this latest update mentioned that after the firmware update, the firmware update installer can be removed, I went ahead & deleted the item.

4. & now my WLAN doesn't work!

I did remembered seeing a few items in the lower "windows pane" of Remover when the item was selected, I believe it was 1 .DAT file, 1 .DLL file, & a Directory.

So my plead to u guys(for those who're using Remover) is to perform step 1, see wat files/dir is listed when u select the item(that is, if u'd the latest HP WLAN frimware update done), & if possible send me the required files/dir(s).

Thanks in advance

jeremyweisser
08-04-2003, 03:42 PM
why not perform a hard reset?

ralliart12
08-04-2003, 03:47 PM
why not perform a hard reset?

I do not wish to re-install all my apps & re-input my data again...at least for a while...I was hoping replacing those files/dir(s) will be able to resolve the issue. Can u help mi? :(

stmfuller
08-04-2003, 09:37 PM
I did the exact same thing.
The only thing I could do to fix it was a hard reset as I seem to remember

ralliart12
08-04-2003, 10:27 PM
I did the exact same thing.
The only thing I could do to fix it was a hard reset as I seem to remember

U mean to say u also use Remover to remove some stuff frm e WLAN frimware patch? Oh dear...btw, I'd hard-reset my unit already...oh, well...guess I'll slp on my trip to work tomorrow... :(

tmoth
08-05-2003, 12:39 AM
Dont you have any kind of backup? Either on a storage card or on your desktop? Im sorry that I dont have any helpful info except that you shouldnt have to reenter all your data/programs except for those that have been added/modified since your last backup...

ralliart12
08-05-2003, 01:57 AM
Installing the WLAN firmware update requires WLAN to be turned on; & my current situation doesn't permit me to do so. :(

Anyway, I'd hard-reset, so it doesn't matter...thanks everybody anyway... :roll: