View Full Version : Help updating ROM to 1.0623.0409

Iglesiab
08-04-2003, 02:52 PM
Hi,

I saw the 1.0623 ROM was out so I decided to clean out (hard reset) and upgrade my E740 and give it to my sister ( since I now use my hp2215 exclusively).

I think I may have messed the unit up. During the soft reset to get it ready to update the ROM the message "Image Download Via PPFS" will appear at the bottom of your screen. Then the message "Begin Download Over USB Now" will show up and you can start the installation process.

My problem is that after the "Image Download Via PPFS" message, the message "Check bin in ROM" appears and then the unit contines to soft reset normally. The text "Begin Download Over USB Now" never shows up and I can't install the update.

Does anyone know what happened? Is there a way to fix it? The unit is still funtional I just can't seem to update it. Thanks for any help.

brian

redifrogger
08-07-2003, 06:05 PM
I would suggest you upgrade the ROM using the Compact Flash Card method - if you go to brighthand.com's site (at end of the reply) and go to the Toshiba e740 link, you will see an immense of information about how to do it. It is very simple and more reliable from all I've read - all you need is a CF card with at least 32M of memory on it. I did it using this method and it worked like a charm. I'm loving the elimination of the white text and AS drops bugs. Let us know how it goes. :way to go: http://discussion.brighthand.com/forumdisplay.php?s=ba304335df8974d9d8fc83b4fa958e6f&forumid=197

Iglesiab
08-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Thanks! worked like a charm.