View Full Version : How do I use AS over Wi-Fi to install apps?

ralliart12
08-04-2003, 09:40 AM
As subject. I know it's possible to do so, but just dunno the exact steps. Can someone list down the steps to establish a Guest Partnership using WiFi & install an app frm then on?

TopDog
08-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Can someone list down the steps to establish a Guest Partnership using WiFi & install an app frm then on?You cannot sync as a Guest over WiFi!

You must establish a partnership with the computer using USB or COM-port. Then you can sync with WiFi. (just remember to check that under Start/settings/connections/connections the network card is set to "work")

ChristopherTD
08-04-2003, 10:04 AM
I am not sure that you can establish a partnership over WiFi, I think you have to physically connect first.

Once a partnership is established then you can connect via WiFi and use ActiveSync to install software. You have to go to the options page of ActiveSync on the PPC and then to the Schedule tab. Make sure the "When synchronising remotely with my PC, disconnect when complete" option is not checked, otherwise it will connect, sync, and then disconnect.

I install software over WiFi all the time, it works well.

Sven Johannsen
08-04-2003, 03:00 PM
The only option you have with not establishing a partnership is to connect to the PC using WiFi, copy the app .cab to the PPC and run it on the PPC. That of course requires you to have extracted the .cab in some way, and having it in a shared folder accessible to the PPC.

As has been indicated, you can't connect as a Guest over WiFi and use the AS add/remove programs feature, which is initiated by a normal install.