View Full Version : Pocket MVP "Error in Audio"

theon
08-03-2003, 05:29 PM
Anyone else get this error? How do I play avi files in Pocket MVP? All I get is this error... HELP!!! :oops:

blazingwolf
08-03-2003, 08:22 PM
Are you running WM2003? If you are you need to download the newest version of Pocket MVP. Available at www.WinCESoft.de .

maikii
08-03-2003, 09:20 PM
I perhaps mentioned this before, but I downloaded the very latest build of Pocket MVP from Winsoftce.de, to run on my IPAQ 2210, running Windows Mobile 2203.

I like some of the added features in the program, that WMP doesn't have. Makes me consider saving multimedia files for the PPC as OGGs and DIVX AVIs, instead of as WMAs and WMVs. (Although the latter are easier to rip and convert, in one step.)

Nice features like: the equalizer, being able to map hardware buttons to program functions like volume, pause, mute, etc.

However, I have also had problems with the program (although not the same as the other writer's), although I have the latest build, which is supposed to work with WM 2003. A lot of freeze-ups, especially after re-awakening the machine from sleep.

I wrote WinCESoft about the problems, and haven't heard back from them yet.

Have others had problems running Pocket MVP (including the latest version on the 2210/15, under Windows Mobile 2003?

nullvector
08-07-2003, 02:26 PM
Yes, in fact, Ive got tons of problems with MVP in WM2003 on my Axim. Crashes after every movie, and unresponsive switcher bar causing soft-resets constantly

I uninstalled MVP for now.

I made a post about this in the software thread, I didnt know this thread was here :)

maikii
08-08-2003, 06:20 PM
I wrote to the creators of Pocket MVP (wincesoft.de), and told them about the problems, although they have had two PPC 2003 builds so far, still doesn't work good on that OS.

No response from them. For now using WMP9, .wmvs and .wmas.

Some nice features in Pocket MVP, but they have to make it more stable.

qmrq
08-11-2003, 03:03 AM
Ehm. This guy (http://home.adelphia.net/~mdukette/downloads.html) is behind Pocket MVP unless I'm mistaken.

gunner6666
08-12-2003, 10:19 PM
you right also.....

On 2003-08-02 07:15, BetaBoy wrote:
Well... Guys I am in a situation that I don't like to be in.

FrankW has broken the GPL and has also violated the license that is included with PocketMVP.

Here are my bullet points:

- I have made several attemptes to contact him.
- He has not returmed my emails or PMs
- He is breaking the GPL by not releasing teh source code.
- He has no right to release the DivX decoder with permission from DivXNetworks.
- He is illegally using the PocketMVP name asnd releasing versions like they were "OFFICIAL" versions. When they are not at all.

Now this all can be easily resolved if FrankW simple contacts me... to splinter off like this and piss people off does us all no good. We need to unite as we move to CoreCodec!!

FRANKW ... CONTACT ME, PLEASE!

http://forums.projectmayo.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=6432&forum=23&start=30 :wink:

Willmonwah
08-15-2003, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the revelation. I would never have thought that it wasn't the same people.