View Full Version : 3 Files Not Syncing

racerx
08-03-2003, 02:45 PM
I've been one of the few fortunate who have never had major issues with ActiveSync that a reboot or soft-reset couldn't fix. But now I have a problem that has me flumuxed.

My system tray AS icon is yellow because it tells me that 3 of my Files are not synched. I've tried "Synchronize Selection" and that doesn't seem to do anything :evil: . I've even brought up my iPAQ My Documents on the PC and on the handheld side by side and compared each directory and still can't figure out what the issue is as all directories have the same files in them :frusty: .

This difficulty came about because I changed the name of my iPAQ because a piece of software uses the device ID as part of its registration code and my previous name was iPAQ-5555 and I didn't want to be stuck with that name when I change model numbers in the future.

Can anyone provide guidance? Would changing the name back fix the problem?

TIA.

SHoTTa35
08-03-2003, 02:57 PM
did you delete the other profile? File - Delete Partnership? Don't know if that'll help but why don't you just remevove the files that aren't being copied in one location then sync it again so it'll copy the missing files and then you'll have a complete sync.

racerx
08-03-2003, 04:06 PM
Don't know if that'll help but why don't you just remevove the files that aren't being copied in one location then sync it again so it'll copy the missing files and then you'll have a complete sync.

That was essentially what I was doing when I did a directory-by-directory comparison to try to determine which files were not being synched. Problem is that in every directory, I had the same files in both, so I couldn't figure out which ones were not syncing :evil: .

I ended up moving all files from my sync directory to another directory and synched, essentially deleting all documents from my iPAQ 8O . Then went to the iPAQ and cleared everything out of that that didn't delete. Then I copied the files I moved out of the sync directory back into the sync directory and re-synced. THAT fixed my problem. Still don't know what files were not syncing, but I didn't loose any files near as I can tell and it was a relatively quick and painless process. Whole thing took less than 10 mintues. I spent more time than that just dorking around :frusty: trying to figure out what file wasn't copying over.

The weird part to me is that all I did was change the device ID. Nothing file-wise was changed, so this issue shouldn't have come up. But that's Active Sync for you :?