View Full Version : PPC2003 Wireless Q)

gai-jin
08-03-2003, 02:26 PM
On my 5455 wireless isn't behaving as I expected. After installing the 2003 upgrade, I used it for a few days and then had to return the ipaq for a new one because of a screen defect. After setting the new one up in what I thought was the same way, it's not working the same as the first one.

On the old one, I could click on the network disconnected logo when wifi was off, and get a link to turn wifi on. Now when wifi is off I have to go into the ipaq wireless utility and turn wifi on from there. It doesn't show the link in the dialog bubble that comes up when clicking on the broken network icon in the taskbar.

Also, it seems wifi turns itself off... I'll be linked via wifi, let the ipaq sit for an hour or two, come back & turn it back on, and wifi is off. Even though I left it on when I turned the ipaq off.

Any idea what I might have setup wrong here to be causing this odd behavior?

Gai-jin

SHoTTa35
08-03-2003, 02:48 PM
well is windows mobile 2003 on the new one? That feature you're talking about is a WM2k3 feature and isn't in 2k2

gai-jin
08-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Yes, ran the wm2003 upgrade right away, then restored a backup from the other unit .

Again, if I turn on the wifi from the ipaq wireless utility, then click on the network connection icon in the task bar, it gives me the option to turn off (and then back on) the wireless adapter. But until I turn it on initially in the ipaq utility, it's like wm2003 doesn't realize I have a wireless adapter.

?

Gai-jin

Janak Parekh
08-03-2003, 09:21 PM
Yes, ran the wm2003 upgrade right away, then restored a backup from the other unit .
Whoa. 8O You can't restore a 2002 setup onto a 2003 install. That will cause many, many problems.

--janak

SHoTTa35
08-03-2003, 09:40 PM
Whoa. 8O You can't restore a 2002 setup onto a 2003 install. That will cause many, many problems.

--janak

no he had WM 2003 then backed up, returned and got a new one then upgraded that new one to WM 2003 then restored a backup... not that complicated ;)

But thas weird i guess... dunno.. i don't have one but i guess as long as it works right :D?

gai-jin
08-03-2003, 10:37 PM
But thas weird i guess... dunno.. i don't have one but i guess as long as it works right :D?

The problem is, it doesn't "work right" :)

Why is WM2003 not seeing my wireless card unless I turn it on w/ the ipaq utility?

It's acting as if I had a wireless card, only showing the option to turn it on when the card is installed...

Gai-jin

Janak Parekh
08-04-2003, 04:37 AM
gai-jin,

I'm afraid that you're not going to be able to get any appreciable/official help on this as the 545x upgrade hasn't officially been released, and for all we know you've installed non-final code. As per our policies, I'm going to have to lock the thread. If you've obtained the 545x upgrade code through legitimate HP channels, you might want to contact them for support.

Sorry.

--janak