View Full Version : bluetooth dialing

jalm1
08-03-2003, 12:55 AM
I finally was able to get my 2215 to dial my t68i witch works well, but I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to also use my Sony Bluetooth headset for a call when I dial via Bluetooth. I original read that you could not but saw somewhere it may be possible with Sony equipment because of the way it works.
Also, while this is most likely not the best place to be asking, but I am wondering if any one has had any luck dialing numbers from their computer to their mobile via Bluetooth. I am able to select the dial a number option, and then in the settings I used the Bluetooth modem, and it connects and will dial the number but I can not seem to talk to who ever answers the phone. Any ideas?
Thanks.

SHoTTa35
08-03-2003, 02:24 AM
pair them.. i have a 2215 and T68is doing everything you saying... i can select a number from the phonebook then choose dial via bluetooth and it sends the number to the phone. Just make sure you pair them tho otherwise it wont work that well i guess. So do that. There is a hack for the registry....

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=55&t=94198&s=99758127af0acb12967f359f0610ad2e

that way the Ipaq can talk to the Sony Headset. Which version of the software (on your phone) are you using? >*<<*<* to check (that's > - right < - left with the joystick) then go to service info then sw info then the first number... R7A013 is mine and i'm gonna upgrade it to R8A015 which is the latest version now.

hollis_f
08-03-2003, 05:39 AM
You don't need the registry hack to enable what you want to do.

The problem is that the phone can only handle one BT connection at a time. So the iPAQ has to drop the BT connection before the phone can pass the call to the headset. Both mPhone (http://www.mobem.com) and Simple Call (http://www.visualit.co.uk) will do this. They both allow dialling from Contacts and Pocket Informant (and, I presume, Agenda Today, but I ain't tried that).

jalm1
08-03-2003, 05:44 AM
Hello:
Thank you for the help, a few question. how can i edit the registry? (do you recomend a pirticluar program)?
and how can i upgrade the os? i have the number as R3E002.
Thanks.

SHoTTa35
08-03-2003, 06:25 PM
upgrading the OS on the phone isn't easy but yeah, that is an old firmware... you can send it to places or buy the logs and cable and do it yourself.

www.virtualdynamix.com is one such place that sells the cables and logs but also does the flashing for you. To edit the registry you use tools like RegKING posted on www.ppcw.net (free) or phm registry editor from www.phm.nl/products

WARNING
If you mess up your registry nothing short of a hard reset will fix it so backup your data first if you don't know what you're doing.

And i guess i read your statement a lil wrong tho but it's a nice lil hack to get the Ipaq 2215 which doesn't have a Headset profile to now communicate with headsets (such as bluetooth SE HBH-35) I don't have more BT devices but i think it should be able to be used as a modem for the PPC as well as using it with a handsfree kit at the sametime (say in the car) I can't confirm.