View Full Version : Going to Cradenza from Pylon?

harrell
08-02-2003, 11:42 PM
Due to terrible support several times from Pylon, I would like to try Cadenza.

But if I download it, what happnens to the syncing I am doing now with Pylon? Don't they conflict?

Harrell

Anthony Caruana
08-03-2003, 12:11 AM
Hi there

I can't answer specifically from the Pylon point of view but when you set up Cadenza it looks for your mail file (with mail and calendar and to dos), your personal address book and your journel (if you are using one).

It then creates a "relationhip" between your PPC and the data in your Lotus Notes environment. Its syncing is seperate to that of any other product.

As a result it is possible that you will end up with some duplicate entries in your calender and address book. This has happened to me everytime I have installed Cadenza (now known as mNotes). That said, I just installed mNotes to my new 2210 and the number of duplicates was quite small and manageable and it only happens once.

I would recommend that you disable Pylon (no need to uninstall yet unless space on your PPC is an issue) and set up mNotes. Go through the sync and see what happens.

I've been using cadenza/mNotes for a long time now (at least 3 years, maybe a little longer) and it is the only tool I use for syncing Lotus Notes to a Pocket PC. The newest release is excellent. Very stable and noticably faster that previous versions.
As always, I would recommend that you take a full backup of your PPC in case something goes horribly wrong.

victore
05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
I synch with my home PC (Outlook) and my work PC (Lotus Notes). At home, I use vanilla ActiveSync and at work, I use mNotes. Whenever I have to hard reset my PDA, I always synch with my home PC first to get the data into my PDA. Then, at work, I select all my calendar, journal, to do, and address book entries and delete them. Then, when I install mNotes, I instruct it to NOT delete my PDA's data and peform a merge between my PDA and Notes. This results in 0 duplicate entries on both devices.

baker
05-04-2005, 09:12 PM
I synch with my home PC (Outlook) and my work PC (Lotus Notes). At home, I use vanilla ActiveSync and at work, I use mNotes. Whenever I have to hard reset my PDA, I always synch with my home PC first to get the data into my PDA. Then, at work, I select all my calendar, journal, to do, and address book entries and delete them. Then, when I install mNotes, I instruct it to NOT delete my PDA's data and peform a merge between my PDA and Notes. This results in 0 duplicate entries on both devices.

I do something sort of similar as well with the duplicates and mNotes at work and AS at home. I used to delete what's at home first then sync at work. I've deleted at home and let mNotes delete all off the ppc and then sync'd at work. I've not deleted any and merged. The 3.8 version of AS catches more duplicates I think and the dups are few after you sync at home. Next time I'll try it the other way. Do you have any trouble with all-day events spanning two days? I have both pc clocks set the same with day-light savings time.