View Full Version : Love My iPAQ 2215, but a few bumps...questions / help????

Lansing
08-02-2003, 08:54 AM
After researching, made the move from my PalmOS PDAs to the iPAQ 2215. I've had it all of 24 hours and I've probably invested 16 hours worth of work into this thing.

Like what I see. Screen's great. Functionality very usabile, and value decent. Like the way MS Apps appear on this unit! :olympic:

That said, maybe my bad luck, but I spent all today trying to synch between two computers. Unfortunately, contacts and calendar entries duplicated (partially my fault because I never got to the 'remove dups' screen. Anyway, a lot of tedious work deleting TWICE! :cry:

Anyway, now that I think I have that solved, all of a sudden the iPAQ isn't charging! YIKES! I called tech support, and service ranged from good to poor to very good (can you tell we talked --and I waited on four separate occasions over the last day?). Probably going to replace the unit, but having gone through all of this, it's hard to bear the thought of restarting from scratch and WAITING!

All, have you run into this charge issue, and is there (maybe I am dreaming) something simple other than hard resets, soft resets, etc????

I would love to get this thing back running again!

Thanks so much!

Lansing

SHoTTa35
08-02-2003, 03:52 PM
just do a hardreset, take out the main battery and let it relax for a bit.. see how that goes

dolphs
10-23-2003, 06:48 PM
Sorry to hear about the charging problem, I think there is a good chance that removing and replacing the battery will help (It worked for one of my associates who had the same problem). Regarding your syncing between multiple PCs, I am having the same problem and can't seem to get it right (I duped my contacts as well). If anyone has some steps for this it would be appreciated. I must say the whole syncing thing seemed much easier and intuative with the Palm!