View Full Version : PDA Panache stylus available for H2200 series

jgahr
08-02-2003, 01:20 AM
I just received my PDA Panache stylus for my H2215. I got the chrome, with an orange tip. It has a nice feel and heft to it, much better then the standard stylus from HP. It has a well tapered shaft that fits securely in the silo, without fear of it falling out. The end has a slight hook to allow a fingernail pull without a lot of effort. I have had these styli with every HP or iPaq that I have had and was waiting to complete my kit with this. Shipment was when they said it would be, and was well packed, kind of large for just the stylus, but you pay for it. They also send a long plastic pen type stylus for your desk, which is nice. (free)

Ok - now the gotcha - this little sucker costs $16.95 before your shipping selection cost! Pretty hefty price for a small piece of chromed metal. The quality is definitely high, and if you covet shiny things like I do, it is worth it.

Disclaimer - I don't work for PDA Panache, nor did I get any troll discount.
:mrgreen:

dh
08-02-2003, 01:30 AM
I bought the PDA Panache stylus for the Axim a while ago, black with orange tip.
At first I hated it, but your post reminded me that I'm using it all the time. Just to see, I tried the Dell stylus today. No question, I made the right choice getting the Panache one.
My stylus didn't fit my Axim very well but I had to get a replacement one from Dell and the stylus fit this one much better - strange.
Very expensive and the free one they send is not very good. I don't know where mine is, I suspect my wife thought it was a pen then dumped it in disgust.
Funny, I've gone from an unhappy to a happy customer without even noticing.

jgahr
08-02-2003, 01:50 AM
They do kind of grow on you don't they? I have had 4-5, now I consider it standard issue. The plastic one isn't very good, but I have been chewing on them for years, in fact it helped me stopped smoking 2 years ago.
Next one I'll get the black, probably, maybe ...

jgahr
08-02-2003, 02:03 AM
Sorry, forgot to post the link

www.pdapanache.com :oops:

Server
08-02-2003, 02:11 AM
I agree, the stylus from PDAPanach not only looks nice but also
improves recognition when writing (at least for me it did) The weight
ensures that the quick cursive curves registers 'ink' when writing
fast.

I ordered mine with the CUSTOM Black nylon tip :D

Worth every penny and then some...

HP should have included this type of stylus with thier high end
models in the first place.

Wallet Boy
08-02-2003, 02:15 AM
Thank you for this post!

I've been using the PDA Panache styli since my first Palm Pilot and was almost at my wits end with the stock stylus of my iPaq. I checked the site last week but I didn't see the HP2200 series listed. I wouldn't have checked back for a couple of weeks had I not seen this post.

Now all I need is my case and I'll be all set.

dh
08-02-2003, 02:22 AM
This thread also reminded me that I need a new stylus insert for one of my Cross pens. I've been using a Cross insert which is not that great.
Another small order for these guys.

darrylb
08-02-2003, 04:48 AM
Is this stylus of high enough quality to negate the need for a screen protector?

jgahr
08-02-2003, 01:40 PM
They say it is, but I always have a protector on. Made the mistake a long time ago of leaving the pen portion of one of these open and managed to write all over the screen before I really noticed it. So, for me, a screen protector is another essential.

dh
08-03-2003, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't dream of using my Axim without a WriteShield.
As well as protecting the screen, it feels better to write on, reduces glare and seems to last for ever.
Mine is now five months old and looks like it's brand new.

popabawa
12-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Just received my PDApanache stylus after reading your comments. Very impressed with it, MUCH nicer than the cruddy HP bit of plastic :)

Thanks!

Very good delivery time too. Ordered it Sunday, arrived (London, U.K.) this morning (Friday).

Iain.

PoweriPaq
12-05-2003, 07:31 PM
I didn't know such a nice design stylus with all in one exist. I bought one for my iPaq. Let see how long it'll take them for me to receive it. :D

ekconrad
12-06-2003, 04:01 AM
Ok, Ok.... I'll buy one for crying out loud! :roll:

Jeff Rutledge
12-06-2003, 06:35 AM
Ok, Ok.... I'll buy one for crying out loud! :roll:

Same here! I just ordered one... 8)

mrkablooey
12-06-2003, 01:21 PM
sure would be nice to have a MEMBERS ONLY discount *hint hint*

or is there one I missed :wink: