View Full Version : Bluetooth Stability Issue

William Yeung
08-01-2003, 02:10 PM
I am now using iPAQ h5450 to connect my Ericsson T39, found that bluetooth connection is very unstable. I have tested on T68i and T610, all come across same issue, so I suspect if thats something iPAQ related- any clue about the issue?

I have tested against IrDA connection, the IR is rock stable connected, while my bluetooth usually didnt last longer than 5 minutes.

Oliver T
08-01-2003, 02:28 PM
I would say that really depends on your local setup. If you have many "other" wireless devices in your neighborhood (wlan, other radio-controlled devices) they might interfere with bluetooth. The BT connection has never been a problem in my setup. Talking about getting a stable GPRS connection everywhere is a completely different subject. Depending on the cell I am in I get sometimes 2kbit/s and sometimes 68. Go figure.

Oliver

William Yeung
08-01-2003, 03:07 PM
Guess what? I found the issue is much more funny than I think.
I have tried to use my TDK USB BT Adapter to dialup using GPRS, same issue- so its not specific to iPAQ.

So what is the problem? its the funny part. I goto modem setup of my desktop, checked modem error control, since then- I stream entire radio program off my phone, no problem even in poor connection environment (although quite a bit lag)

Now I am testing with some additional command to initialize my phone before connect, by appending the following:
V1E0S0=0&D2&C1; +CMEE=1 (I got these from T39 modem driver init string)
Uptill now seems the problem goes away... I will test on my iPAQ more to give everyone a good answer ^_^

How come no one encountered such issue before?...

William Yeung
08-01-2003, 04:31 PM
I have re-tested and re-tested tonight... found that its only the problem between my iPAQ and my phone, while on my desktop with TDK USB everything goes fine...

Help~! Anyone?

Chris Spera
08-01-2003, 05:46 PM
Pairing your PDA with your phone is not an easy task. I don't know why it is so difficult, but it is. YOu should try giving your phone carrier a call and see if they can't help you pair the devices and pass information.

A lot of the guys that frequent Thoughts have had to go that route in order to get it done.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

William Yeung
08-01-2003, 06:11 PM
I think I got my pairing done already-
In fact, it dials, it connects, its just not stable- any clue?