View Full Version : MMC slot on Jornada battery

Stephen Beesley
08-01-2003, 08:41 AM
I have already posted this question on the Jornada forum - but I am hoping I might get more of a response here. I figure the could be quite a few former Jornda owners about who do not visit the Jornada forum anymore.

Anyway here is my questions, I was wondering if any Jornada users (past or present) on the list have any experience with using an SD memory card in the extended battery with MMC slot. I have read mixed reports on the web, but would really appreciate some first hand experience from another forum member.

I am also wondering about the increase in size with this battery and just how noticable it is.

With the current price cuts on Jornada accessories I was thinking of getting myself a couple of these batteries (not to mention the pocket keyboard!).

My new plan (boy am I changable) is to keep my Jornada in service until something really good comes along. Maybe wait until PPC 2004 even :D

Goldtee

ombu
08-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Well, just some points:

1) Battery life is the same than a standard battery, it seems bigger but extra space is for the MMC slot.

2) Working with an MMC seems to me slower than a CFC, and apps don't always behave as expected when launched from the MMC.

3) I use it mainly for long files like e-books, PXL sheets, pictures and so on, sometimes it takes two attempts to load some of these files (pictures mainly using Resco Picture Viewer), don't know why, but it's not too bad for me.

4) Don't even try to place a working backup file in the MMC, it won't work, but you can store it there to save space and place it back to the CFC when needed.

Briefly, it doesn't work as expected but it's useful for several tasks, just my case, maybe somebody else could enlight this better, HTH.

Regards.