View Full Version : Possible to turn off "On upon CF card Insertion"?

kevinkar
07-31-2003, 11:36 PM
Hi,

My Toshiba e755 has this annoying habit of turning on immediately as a new CF card is inserted in to the device. Is there a way to turn that off? Inserting an SD card into that slot does not turn on the device and neither should the CF slot. My opinion, mind you....

Thanks,

Kevin

dwildone
08-01-2003, 01:28 AM
I've heard people complain of the same thing here before, but its not related only to Toshiba. For some reason (beyond my scope of understanding) PPC needs to index the files on a CF card when it is inserted. The same thing happens on my IPAQ 2215. I can't tell you why this happens with CF cards and not SD. If anyone else knows why or how to change this without affecting performance, please post here :roll:

Excalliber
08-01-2003, 04:22 AM
this happens when i insert either a CF or an SD... I guess i'm special :lol:

Actually, it's an MMC card. Is that different? Hope my machine isn't screwed up...

SHoTTa35
08-01-2003, 02:17 PM
never happened with me, It turns ON tho when i install a SD card, haven't tried CF MEM card yet but CF Wi-Fi cards work just fine in mine

racerx
08-01-2003, 02:39 PM
In my iPAQ 5555, my unit does not turn on when I insert either an SD card OR a CF card (in the sleeve). It didn't turn on when I had my 3870 as well, so I don't think its a PPC issue so much as a Toshiba issue. Just wanted to give you a frame of reference...