View Full Version : Active sync

htmc
07-31-2003, 12:52 PM
I had everything working just fine, but I had to keep fooling around. Now when I sync it says I am a guest and will not sync my contacts, calendar, etc. When I try to establish a new partnership I can't. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and still can not get it fixed.. Help! When I go into file the partnership selection is gray so I can't change it.

encece
10-19-2003, 05:26 AM
Remove the phone from the cradle.
Go into ActiveSync.
Click File>Delete Partnership.
Sync Again.

It will ask how you wish to handle the duplicte records since it sees your phone as a new device at this point.

Click combine items....it will the ask if you wish to remove duplicte items.

Good Luck.

gizzzum
10-19-2003, 01:34 PM
me too, screwed around w/ software etc. here are some suggestions-

i recommend you delete and re-install active sync on your computer hard drive as well as the i700. this will remove any old data files and help avoid a conflict w/ user names etc.

go to the MS web site:
www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/default.mspx
and download active sync 3.7 if you havent done so already. the disk provided by Verizon/Samsung is an older version 3.5

if this fails to resolve the "guest" issue you can do a hard reset which may be your last option. !!!!CAUTION-THIS WILL WIPE ALL YOUR DATA!!!!!
you should be able to find your Pocket_PC data folder on your computer hard drive. if not sync as a "guest" and go to tools in the active sync program window to backup your data or you can do "explore" via active sync to pick and choose the files you want to save.

hOW TO "hard" reset--hold the power button at the same time u put the pin in the reset hole on the back of the unit, the you'll restore the unit to factory default.

DON'T ACT IN HASTE-wait till u get a few more replys before u do anything that may make your life more difficult

gizzzum
10-19-2003, 01:36 PM
FYI encece's solution is better than my recommendation

I hope his works