View Full Version : Is your WiFi card draining the battery of your PPC2003 device while off?

Mexico
07-30-2003, 07:56 PM
Hello, everybody. I got a 2215 and a Linksys WCF12 working like a charm, but last night I noticed that the card keeps draining the battery when the unit is off. I left the unit last night with 85% battery or so, and this morning it had 43%.
Is anybody else observing this same behavior?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Manuel

mountainfrog
07-30-2003, 08:59 PM
I have the same problem. I am using the 2215 with a SMC 2642W WiFi card. If I leave the card in the 2215 overnight, I lose about half of my remaining battery power. The 2215 is definately off and I have closed all running applications. The battery still drains, though. I have not been good at removing the card when I am not using WiFi. I end up charging my 2215 every day or two because I am down to less than 10% battery remaining. Anybody else observe this with the 2215 and/or other iPaq models?

-Julie

dh
07-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Remember guys, your PPC switches itself on during the night to get itself sorted for tasks and alarms for the next day. It stays on for the time you have set in the power options. (At least this happens with 02 devices, i assume 03 ones are the same).

If you have the WiFi card inserted, it will be powered up for this time period and will be happily using your power.

It's a good idea to take out this card before bedtime.

bluevolume
07-30-2003, 09:50 PM
I am using the same card in my Axim -- never had that problem. I've left it sit with the card in for over a week (not used but not charging either), and the battery hasn't budged.

Of course, this could be due to the "not from this world" battery that the Axim has.

Blue

Anthony Caruana
07-31-2003, 12:44 AM
I'm using the Socket Low Power card and it does not impact the battery if I leave it in my 2210 overnight.