View Full Version : E-200 not working with Brando (CC&C) Bluetooth CF card!

seidler
07-30-2003, 01:52 PM
Hi,

I bought the Bluetooth Compact Flash card from shop.brando.com.hk and it doesn't work!
The driver installation works (it even checks if the card is inserted when installing, else you can't install) but after a warm reset the software always tells me "Insert card to activate Bluetooth". I'm kinda fed up with this. I checked the registry entries - all correct. I even tried to disable the built-in COM1:, so that the CF card gets COM1: instead of COM5:, and changes the Widcomm settings in the registry - no chance.
I contacted Brando, but he says he can't give support and CC&C (the manufacturer - found out only over the FCC ID) don't reply to any mails.

The thing is though: I installed a software called IVT BlueSoleil, which is for another CF BT card, and it detects (!!!) the card and accesses it correctly, but then tells me "Product not licensed"; which means (of course) they check the PnpId and support only their own cards.

I have the slight suspicion that there is something wrong with the Widcomm stack, because my normal CF storage cards are not recognized anymore when the software is installed - but fine when I remove it.

SO has anyone had such problems with bluetooth, Widcomm, CF slot and the E-200 already? Of course I have all the SPs and fixes installed. Widcomm version is 1.2.2, though a version 1.3.1 from another company didn't help either.

Thanks to everybody!

Stefan Seidel

mattbugz
08-03-2003, 05:04 AM
I have a similar problem, except with my iPaq 3835 using the Globalsat BTA801 with the Widcomm BT program. The program installs with no problems, however, it cannot activate the BT. I've tried almost every combination of settings to no avail.

I'm trying to get it work with the BT-308.

If you get yours to work, please let me know.

seidler
08-04-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey, I got it to work. I had to disable the Built-In Storage, obviously Casio made a real **** programming there (there are other issues with this known).

To do this, use PHM Regedit.

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn find the problem driver (in my case FlshDrv).
Rename the entry "Dll" to something else , e.g. "-Dll"

Reboot and it worked for me. Meybe it's another driver for you, gotta try. Some drivers however should be enabled, like AFD, NDIS, PowerFault, SIP and others. Usually you get the driver's function by the name of the entry or the DLL.

There is also an issue with the virtual memory management, which leaves only very limited space for 3rd party DLL drivers to load (a Billionton responsible told me this), so just disabling some useless drivers (like GSM610 and other audio codecs) might do the trick as well.

HTH,

Stefan Seidel

johncruise
08-18-2003, 07:44 PM
seidler... was this the CF that you bought? I'm just curious cause I'm planning to get one ---> http://shop.brando.com.hk/cfbtadapter.php

seidler
08-19-2003, 07:59 AM
seidler... was this the CF that you bought? I'm just curious cause I'm planning to get one ---> http://shop.brando.com.hk/cfbtadapter.php
Yap, that's the one I'm talking about. As I said, works fine now, even got 1.3.1 drivers installed and PAN up and running 8)

Stefan

johncruise
08-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Yap, that's the one I'm talking about. As I said, works fine now, even got 1.3.1 drivers installed and PAN up and running 8)

I hope I'm not asking too much. I checked out your website and saw your comments about the card not working with SMS (at least for your Siemens unit). I also have a Siemens S56 and wanted to use an SMS utility. There's a Monkey Messenger available for trial download and was wondering if you could try that one with your card. (http://www.primatesys.com)

That's one of my main reason why I wanted to buy a bluetooth CF card and so far, the one from Brando is the cheapest one there is.

Thanks in advance.

seidler
08-20-2003, 08:46 AM
I hope I'm not asking too much. I checked out your website and saw your comments about the card not working with SMS (at least for your Siemens unit). I also have a Siemens S56 and wanted to use an SMS utility. There's a Monkey Messenger available for trial download and was wondering if you could try that one with your card. (http://www.primatesys.com)

You're welcome :) I just downloaded it, and it works fine. You can see the phones Inbox (not the Sent Messages though :() and send SMS, works pretty good for me. As the S56 is just a S55 without Triband (which one did they leave out then, don't you use GSM1900 in the US?) chances are that it will have the same interface, which mean good news for you 8)

That's one of my main reason why I wanted to buy a bluetooth CF card and so far, the one from Brando is the cheapest one there is.
Exactly, but the problem now is that you have to pay :devilboy: for the Monkey Messenger ... I already contacted the author of easySMS (which works fine over IrDA btw :roll: ) but no answer yet, hope to have some news soon, and would start a new thread for this then ...

Regards, Stefan

johncruise
08-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Alright! :way to go: Thanks!

Last 2 question though...

1) I only have to modify the FlashDrv\DLL for it to work (+soft reset of course :)) and no other installation needed (aside for the setup that came with the BT card)?

2) Sorry for myself being ignorant but.... what does FlashDrv actually do? I thought it was used for accessing the Built-in storage, CF and SD slot also. I just wanted to make sure I don't make the CF & SD storage inaccessible.

TIA,

John

seidler
08-21-2003, 04:21 PM
1) I only have to modify the FlashDrv\DLL for it to work (+soft reset of course :)) and no other installation needed (aside for the setup that came with the BT card)?

Simply: Yes! :way to go:

2) Sorry for myself being ignorant but.... what does FlashDrv actually do? I thought it was used for accessing the Built-in storage, CF and SD slot also. I just wanted to make sure I don't make the CF & SD storage inaccessible.

Nope, FlshDrv is there only for the "Built-In Storage", this 5~6MB file store which uses free space in the Flash ROM. Your CF cards will work, and SD cards most probably - I don't yet have one :bawl: , but as there are no changes to neither the FlshDrv DLL itself nor the registry entries for the SD card being made, I don't think it will make trouble.

Stefan