View Full Version : Best replacement for ThinkDB (Smartlist)

ecard
07-30-2003, 01:51 PM
I've been using Smartlist (formely ThinkDB) on my Palm and now I'm looking for the PPC replacement.

Any idea.

Jordan Rosenwald
07-30-2003, 04:57 PM
If you search through the forums you'll find a lot of opinions on the best database program out there. Personally, I've been very happy with SprintDB, but it is nowhere near as friendly as ThinkDB was/is.
Having said that, I did notice that SprintDB is planning to release 2.0 "late July." It doens't get too much later before it isn't July anymore, so I'm hoping we see it very soon.
My other suggestion would be to check out Handbase and Pocket Database. All have trial versions.

eagle63
07-30-2003, 07:12 PM
I too was a big fan of ThinkDB. Probably my favorite Palm app. I think I'm going to try HanDBase and see if it compares favorably.

Jordan Rosenwald
07-30-2003, 08:37 PM
I too was a big fan of ThinkDB. Probably my favorite Palm app. I think I'm going to try HanDBase and see if it compares favorably.

Me too. My only claim to fame in the Palm world was DVDdb, which was a pretty popular download from Palmgear for awhile there. My version for SprintDB is an ever-changing work in progress.

ecard
07-30-2003, 10:11 PM
One of the biggest DB on ThinkDB is to keep all my knowledge. I work in an IT shop and tend to forget a lot of tricks/procedure/howto/etc, so I started to keep them in a database.

I downloaded the SprintDB, so far it looks nice.

Thanks for the info

CTSLICK
08-13-2003, 03:40 AM
Give HanDBase a try. I've been using it for years, even when I was still using a Palm. Should be able to re-create your ThinkDB stuff using it...the functionality is comparable. The new form designer (desktop based right now) is still a little rough around the edges but you can make some pretty nice forms with a little practice.

Also, if you have friends using HanDBase on Palm OS you can share the databases without any need for conversion.