View Full Version : Attachments file storage location

55Kevy
07-29-2003, 05:56 PM
I received my 2215 last week and am a really, really happy camper. Having gone from a 545 to the 2215 was like changing from a Model T to a Boxster.

On the 545 I could check the 'Mail Attachments' folder in 'Connections' under the Programs folder and delete those that ActiveSync failed to do. However, I cannot locate my mail attachment files in WM2003. In Programs there is a 'Connections' folder with a 'Mail Attachments' folder but it is empty. I've searched for attachment files and for text contained in attachment files (Resco File Explorer) to no avail.

Where are these files?

K

Dave Beauvais
07-29-2003, 06:19 PM
I haven't yet upgraded to Windows Mobile 2003, but under PPC 2002, I think the Inbox data is stored in \Windows\messaging.

--Dave

55Kevy
07-29-2003, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the tip, Dave. There certainly are files in /windows/messaging, but they are not .psw files and the names are just alphanumeric strings.

Ah, well... not a big deal, at least not yet.

K

diesel
07-29-2003, 09:27 PM
what someone should really come up with is a plugin to the pocket pc outlook that will allow you to SPECIFY where you want attachments saved to................for example i would want attachments saved to my sd card and not my main application storage...............they should also allow for auto deletion of the contents of wherever your attachments go to in order to ensure that crap doesn't build up there, whatever you want to keep permanently, you can move manually somewhere else..............................now can someone make this kind of a program?