View Full Version : Pocket Reader and free ebooks

DavidHorn
07-29-2003, 04:41 PM
OK, this might sound like a stupid question, but I'm really stumped over it.

You know the free ebooks available at Microsoft's site? Well, I've just bought a 1910 and the screen is finally good enough to start reading ebooks on my Pocket PC. I've downloaded them, but they show up in the desktop version of Reader.

How the heck do I get them on to my iPAQ?

And, yes, here speaks the webmaster of PocketGamer... look, it's not a game, alright?!

Crystal Eitle
07-29-2003, 04:54 PM
When you download the Reader books to your desktop, it stashes them in a folder called "My Library", which should be in your "My Documents" folder. From there, you can drag them onto your iPaq.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, do a search in these forums for "Reader" - there've been about three very detailed threads with people experiencing download issues.

eagle63
07-29-2003, 05:24 PM
I had this same problem last night, so thanks for posting this! one question: where in my iPAQ should I put the e-books? is there a special folder for them, or doesn't it matter? thanks!

Kevin Remhof
07-29-2003, 05:41 PM
I had this same problem last night, so thanks for posting this! one question: where in my iPAQ should I put the e-books? is there a special folder for them, or doesn't it matter? thanks!

It doesn't matter. You can put them where you want. Sometimes though, Reader does not see all of your books when you first open it. If you go to "File Explorer" and open the book that way, your Reader library should be updated.

Crystal Eitle
07-29-2003, 05:42 PM
For convenience' sake, I created a folder under "My Documents" (in my storage card) called "My eBooks."

DavidHorn
07-29-2003, 06:31 PM
D'oh! Knew it was something obvious ;)

Thanks, Crystal!