View Full Version : I guess we all saw it coming, but...

rberry88
07-29-2003, 01:21 PM
I jumped on the pre-order bandwagon to get WM2003 for my HP5455 from HP's website in the beginning of July. I got an email confirmation showing my order would ship on 7/28 and since I splurged for the overnight shipping that it should be here on 7/29. My credit card was promptly charged $42 USD ($29 for WM2003 + overnight shipping) the day after I place my order 7/7/03. No word from HP in response to my order until last night around 8:00 pm CST I received an e-mail stating they were sorry they couldn't fulfill my order at this time and I had the option of leaving the order the way it is and it would ship out "sometime around 8/12" or call the 800 number included in the e-mail and speak to a customer service rep to cancel the order.

I guess its no big deal since this seems par for the course as far as HP's communication process goes.

rberry88 :mrgreen:

Chris Spera
07-29-2003, 02:44 PM
My order still shows as arriving today, 7/29... BUT it also shows as still backorded. I haven't gotten any e-mail yet from HP saying "Sorry."

I will post tonight after I get home from work and let everyone know if I got it or not...

Christopher Spera

eustts
07-29-2003, 03:53 PM
I ordered mine on 7/14. HP gave me a ship date of 8/4. I have received no e-mail stating otherwise. :D

G-squared
07-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Just got my email from hp "customer service" :roll: stating that the 39xx upgrade CD has been backordered and their projected ship date is mid October. I called them up and cancelled the order. You think that they would have learned after the first time!

Chris Spera
07-30-2003, 12:33 AM
I ordered mine on 7/14. HP gave me a ship date of 8/4. I have received no e-mail stating otherwise. :D

I had a conversation with someone at HP today. 8/4 is supposed to be the release date for the 5400 Upgrade. Why they originally quoted 7/28 as my original ship date, I'll never know.

However, MY e-mail from HP said that they would contact me no later than 8/13 if the date slipped...

Oh joy. Oh rapture. I feel so wonderfully lucky to have HP provide me with this level of customer service. :pukeface2:
:twak: :frusty:

ChristopherTD
07-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Over here in the UK we are still awaiting a link that actually lets us order the upgrade!

It looks like mid to end September before it will be shipped. But by then you chaps will have sorted out all the quirks and peculiarities...

Jerry Raia
07-30-2003, 05:04 PM
I have the opposite problem, I told them to cancel my order and they said it had already shipped and gave me a tracking number!

eustts
07-30-2003, 07:08 PM
I was reviewing my checking account and noticed that HP has charged me for the upgrade. :D

Anthony Caruana
07-31-2003, 12:51 AM
HP's order tracking is obviously FUBAR on a global scale.

I'm in Australia. I ordered my 2210 on the 11th and was told that it would ship in a couple of days. I called to conform and they said that it would be the end of the month.

I called them on the 29th of this month and was told that the ship date for my 2210 was TBA in their system and that due to stock shortages I would be waiting at least 2 more weeks.

The next morning my 2210 arrived!

What makes this even funnier is that the first 1000 Australian 2210's came with a free Veo Traveler CF Camera (woo hoo). However, thise are out of stock because someone at HP couldn't figure that you'd need 1000 of these to go with the 1000 iPAQs. So my camera is on backorder, scheduled to arrive one day.

BTW I'll be writing a review of that camera as soon as mine arrives.

eustts
08-04-2003, 06:56 PM
I was reviewing my checkbook again, and noticed that the charge for the upgrade has been removed. HP still states that it will ship today? :roll:

Anthony Caruana
08-05-2003, 01:28 AM
"Their Palm style is strong, but our Poctet PC style will defeat them."

IS that a typo or should you be posting this at poctetpcthoughts.com :wink:

eustts
08-05-2003, 04:29 PM
The quote is just a take off from the first American Pie movie.