View Full Version : PDAWin's TV Remote on iPAQ 2215?

Mark_Venture
07-29-2003, 02:14 AM
Has anyone tried PDAWin's TV Remote Controller software on their iPAQ 2215? from http://www.pdawin.com

Does it work?

Nevo works from about 30 feet away, but TV Remote Controller does not work no matter how close I am to the equipment.

I like how customizable TV Remote Controller is, the CCF support is great. Nevo works, but is not very easy to setup the way I want the buttons to be layed out.

I've sent an email to their support id listed on their web site, but have received no response.

Thanks.

madbart
07-30-2003, 12:16 PM
post a note in their forums you might have better luck !

Mark_Venture
07-30-2003, 07:33 PM
post a note in their forums you might have better luck !They have their own forums? Looking at their web page, I do not see a link for forums.

Is there a place where PDAWin TV Remote Controller users hang out?

hdsalinas
07-30-2003, 10:21 PM
I had this software installed on my ipaq and worked great (until my ipaq died) I remember once going to a local TGI fridays with some friends and had a ball switching channels on the TV! Everyone else was so confused! :D :D One minute they were watching a soccer game the other who knows!!

I think the with the "powerful" IR that the 2215 has it would work better.
I hope they fix it soon!

Mark_Venture
08-09-2003, 03:59 PM
While the Pdawin.com people did not respond to my email, they did release a new version. Their TV Remote Controller Version 5.5 is now out.

The web site now states "Support for iPAQ 39xx, iPAQ 54xx & iPAQ 22xx build-in CIR module updated!"

So, I downloaded and tried it. Controlling my Sony TV with the built in codes seems to work now on my iPAQ 2215. I still have to try it in CCF mode with the rest of my equipment. Learning keys, etc...

alkandery75
08-18-2003, 07:41 AM
I downloaded the Latest TV Remote Controller Version 5.5 and load my CCF, and it is still very poor comparing with Nevo...
Is there any solution for it ???
Is there any way to convert CCF to Nevo Compatible file ???

Hope somebody can help,,,,

Mark_Venture
08-24-2003, 02:55 AM
I downloaded the Latest TV Remote Controller Version 5.5 and load my CCF, and it is still very poor comparing with Nevo...
Is there any solution for it ???Hmm.. When I tried Ver 5.5 of TV Remote on my iPaq 2215, the RF range is about the same as NEVO.

I did have some quirks like TV Remote could not learn the signals from my pioneer remote (for my Pioneer Elite VSX-21 receiver), but the built in codes for Nevo work fine. Too bad I can't get the Nevo codes into TV Remote...

Is there any way to convert CCF to Nevo Compatible file ???No. Nevo does not use CCF (Philips Pronto remote) files, and to my knowlege, no one has figured a way to even edit the layout of Nevo's screens, and no way to convert from CCF to a formate Nevo can use. :(

nosmohtac
08-24-2003, 07:28 AM
I don't have a WM2003 device, but I have a Jornada 568, and an ipaq3970. I have never tried tvremote controller on my ipaq, but I did use it on my jornada, which doesn't have CIR. I was able to control devices from the same distance or more with my jornada, compared to nevo on my 3970. I was using 3.1 of PDAWIN's program.