View Full Version : IPAQ 2210 - How to turn the screen off during mp3 playback?

Yo Boss
07-28-2003, 03:23 PM
I think this feature was mentioned in some reviews. I would love to know how to do this...

Also is there a software that let's you control the mp3 playback (ie, volume, stop, next track...) directly from the buttons without using the screen?

Thanks a lot.

Eitel
07-28-2003, 03:38 PM
You need to check all the options of WMP. You can do all that with it.

Godsongz
07-28-2003, 03:46 PM
In WMP, go to TOOLS | SETTINGS | BUTTONS and map the buttons to the functions of your choice.

Yo Boss
07-28-2003, 04:40 PM
Thanks guys... I just mapped succesfully my buttons... However I still don't know how to turn the screen off during playback...

Thanks for helping...

Janak Parekh
07-28-2003, 04:47 PM
One of the mappings is specifically for "Screen Toggle" or something like that. Map the button, then when the music is playing, hit it -- the screen should go off.

--janak

Don't Panic!
07-28-2003, 04:51 PM
Not Full Screen Toggle though. That's just for changing the screen orientation when watching videos. I recommend the inbox button for the Screen Toggle and the iTASK button for the Full Screen Toggle. Once WMP is playing just push the button you mapped to.

HTH

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Janak Parekh
07-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Not Full Screen Toggle though. That's just for changing the screen orientation when watching videos. I recommend the inbox button for the Screen Toggle and the iTASK button for the Full Screen Toggle. Once WMP is playing just push the button you mapped to.
Crap, I meant Full Screen Toggle. Thanks. I guess I don't use WMP enough anymore. :mrgreen:

--janak

lkawamot
07-28-2003, 05:07 PM
Wow, cool feature! But if I toggle my screen off and then press any other button (like next track), my screen turns back on and I have to toggle my screen off again... is that right?

Janak Parekh
07-28-2003, 05:10 PM
Wow, cool feature! But if I toggle my screen off and then press any other button (like next track), my screen turns back on and I have to toggle my screen off again... is that right?
No. You can use any button without fear of the screen turning itself back on.

--janak

droppedd
07-28-2003, 06:41 PM
In PocketMind PocketMusic, you can additionally set it to automatically turn off the display after a specified interval, which is kind of nice.

The only issue i have with PocketMusic is that if you turn the screen off, pressing the volume up/down turns on the screen on automatically (like Janakh said, that's not the case with WMP), which is kind of annoying. Also, toggling the screen on with the screen on/off button causes a very brief song skip.

lkawamot
07-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Umm... I must've missed a setting or mapped the wrong keys or something...

This is what I have:
Button 1 -> Play/Pause
Button 2 -> Prev Track
Button 3 -> Next Track
Button 4 -> Screen Toggle

I then start my play list and hit Button 4 (iTask) -- the screen turns off. After a few seconds, I hit Button 1 (Calendar) -- the WMP pauses and the screen turns on... I hit Button 4 to turn off the screen again... I hit Button 1 to resume the track... WMP resumes playback and the screen turns on... I hit Button 4... the screen turns off... etc