View Full Version : Avantgo working?

jimvaughan
07-28-2003, 12:09 AM
Since last night whenever I try to connect to Avantgo to synch it gets as far as the "connection successful" and then stops nothing happens and my channels do not get updated.

Is Avantgo down? Could someone check that it's working for them?

Many thanks.

jmarctic
07-28-2003, 12:31 AM
I had the same problem last night but it has worked fine today!

jimvaughan
07-28-2003, 12:46 AM
Hmm, well it's still not working here.

I tried un-installing and re-installing.

Anyone have any other ideas?

ombu
07-28-2003, 02:13 AM
Just sync'd, it's working.

Regards.

jimvaughan
07-28-2003, 03:08 AM
Strange, it's still not working here.

Why on earth would it stop working for me?

ombu
07-28-2003, 03:17 AM
Maybe you should go to AS settings for Avantgo, check your connection and stuff like that. HTH.

Regards.

jimvaughan
07-28-2003, 03:27 AM
I can ping and tracert to sync.avantgo.com OK.

All the settings seem OK (server is correct on port 80 and mu user id and password are correct) , however I just noticed that the setting for "Connect to this server using a secure protocal" is greyed out and is not checkable. What would this be and might it be the source of the problem?

jimvaughan
07-28-2003, 03:28 AM
What should happen if I click the test button next to the server?

I get a connection established and a close button, should it do something else after that?

fireman2850
07-28-2003, 03:44 AM
I had this problem with mine and it came down to the avantgo files being corrupt (because a card failed while I was copying them from \windows to an SD card). I would get the connection successful message and then it wouldn't do anything until it timed out and went back to the Avantgo home screen. The only thing I could successfully do to fix it was copy the Avantgo folder (under Windows directory) from my Axim to my 2215. If you don't have it to copy or retreive from backup you may have to hard reset. Hope it doesn't come to that for you though.

ombu
07-28-2003, 03:46 AM
What should happen if I click the test button next to the server?

I get a connection established and a close button, should it do something else after that?

AFAIK if your connection is established, it should work now.

If not, go to Avantgo's site, log in, go to your account admin tab and select software configuration, that should help, long ago I had some trouble like yours and this fixed everything, sorry I can't give better directions.

Regards.

jimvaughan
07-28-2003, 05:54 AM
OK, I'll try that.

If it comes down to a hard reset how do I do that?

If I do a hard reset does it put it back in same state as the iPaq was when I first recieved it (or do I have to install something from the cd as well?)

ombu
07-28-2003, 02:28 PM
A hard reset should be your last option and yes, it puts everything as it was from the beginning, but I think you can fix this issue without it.

BTW, if you do so, don't forget to backup everything.

Regards.

Thinkingmandavid
07-28-2003, 02:43 PM
I would wait until you had no other choice before you did a hard reset. That is only when nothing else seems to work. It may to a certain degree seem to be that way to you, but try something else. I would log into Avant go, and then do what was mentioned above. Also contact their tech support and see how they can help or any diea.

jimvaughan
07-28-2003, 04:19 PM
OK, well I am waiting for AvantGo tech support to get back to me.

If it does come down to a hard reset, it's not that big a deal. All my data is in Outllook anyway. And I have only had the device a couple of weeks (I had a Clie before that) so I don't have that many programs to re-install.

I'll let you all know if I find a solution. Thanks for your help, it's appreciated.

jimvaughan
07-28-2003, 05:44 PM
Just tried uninstalling Netfront (replacement for IE) from my iPaq.

Then I try to re-install AvantGo and I get the following error:

"There was an error installing the AvantGo Integrated Client. Please uninstall the Avantgo Client, reset the device and try again."

AvantGo does not appear as an instaled application in the remove apps application on the iPaq and the item is unchecked in ActiveSync. How do I unistall AvantGo from the iPaq, so that I can re-install?

jimvaughan
07-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Just did a hard reset and the problem remains.

It must be a problem with my PC side of things.

I'll keep you all informed.

jimvaughan
08-01-2003, 03:21 AM
Hard reset.
Re-install ActiveSynch

and ....

do NOT install Avantgo software from Avantgo. I guess the iPaq comes with it's own version and installing the one from the Avantgo web site is what was messing everything up.

I'm happy again.