View Full Version : Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Enderet
07-27-2003, 06:15 AM
Hello everyone,

I recently finished my summer courses and since I have about 3 weeks of vacation till I hit the books again, I decided to lay down some cash on a new video game to relax.

I went out and bought the new star wars game, Knights of the Old Republic, and just wanted to see if any other PPC person is also playing it.
For those who have not played it yet, let me tell you guys, it is a great RPG.

A must buy for EVERY Star Wars fan. If you dont have a XBOX, go feed MS and buy yourself one.

Jeff Rutledge
07-27-2003, 06:38 AM
OK, you've pretty much sold me. I've been considering getting it for a while.

Tell me, I'm not a heavy gamer. I mostly like action and excitement and a good diversion. Would KOTOR fit the bill?

Excalliber
07-27-2003, 05:39 PM
Someone I know finished it in 3 days and is about to do it again in 4 because he's so hooked. I'm going out to rent it now to see for myself. I have no doubt that I'll buy it afterwards, but I gotta use that Blockbuster Gift Card that's been sitting around :lol:

BTW, just looking at the site is enough to convince me. A superb site for a super game

Jeff Rutledge
07-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I just got back from picking it up. Haven't tried it yet, so if you'll excuse me... 8)

Excalliber
07-28-2003, 04:12 AM
God that game is addictive... I've been playing it nearly straight since I last posted... 8O Well, back to playing for a bit more :wink:

Enderet
07-31-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey guys, nice to see some other Star Wars fans out here. I currently have 41 hours and 21 minutes in the game, and I dont see myself stopping anytime soon.

I dont think there is any other game in which you can dress as Sand People and go on a rampage killing everyone in sight. Haha, by the way, are you guys going the light side, or dark side? :twisted:

Jacob
08-01-2003, 12:19 AM
It was my understanding that if you went to the darkside then you wouldn't be able to do as much stuff or get as much.

Just like in Baldur's Gate 2 where if you became evil then you just didn't get as much or get as many opportunities. Basically it was a worse game if you chose the evil path.

Enderet
08-01-2003, 01:40 AM
Jacob, yeah things are somewhat similar here. If you go the darkside you miss out on somethings that the person on the lightside would get, but its the same the other way around. The lightside person misses out on other things too.

Thats why I am going to go through it twice. In fact, from reading on the web, there seem to be 2 different endings, one for the light and one for the dark side.

Jacob
08-01-2003, 02:53 AM
Okay - with Baldur's gate 2 you were at a HUGE disadvantage if you went evil. Things were twice as expensive to buy and that was disappointing in ways.

I'm still just gonna wait until this comes to PC.

Enderet
08-01-2003, 04:02 AM
I too wanted to wait until the release of the PC version later on this year.

Updates, expansion packs, MODS, higher resolution, much better visuals(with the right PC), etc.

Too bad im too much of a RPG fan, that I could not wait.

Ill still get my hands on a copy of the PC version later on.

yslee
01-07-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm gonna dig out this old thread and see if any of the PC gamers here are playing it.. how's the game? For me the RPG experience is not as good as that of BGII, but the storyline is damn awesome, along with the NPCs (HK47 and Jolee crack me up everytime).