View Full Version : Linksys WCF12 Works Perfectly on 2210 with Senao Drivers

christak
07-26-2003, 10:06 PM
The WCF12 works (including WEP) with the native Connections software using these Senao drivers... WLAN_ForWinCENET400.zip

http://www.senao.com/service%20&%20support/drives%20download.htm

There is an app installed that is not really needed and doesn't work called WLANSTA.EXE... If desired, it can be deleted along with shortcuts to it... The WCF12 works perfectly with these non-Linksys drivers.

8)

eternalblue
07-28-2003, 04:40 AM
brilliant! absolutely brilliant! Now if I only had a ppc2k3 machine to try it on :wink:

Now that I know something like this is out there, I won't be afraid to make the swtich to the newest os. Any of you with ppc2k3 devices try this with thier linksys cards yet?

christak, can you verify that this works personally?

christak
07-28-2003, 05:00 AM
Yes, I can personally vouch for this "work around"... It works perfectly on my iPAQ 2210!!

8)

rasputinj
07-28-2003, 09:03 AM
Glad to hear it works..

Mexico
07-30-2003, 07:53 PM
I got the WCF12 working on my 2215, following the instructions above, but I'm noticing that the card keeps draining the battery even when it's off.
Last night I left the 2215 with about 85% battery and the wireless card insterted, but the signal off. This morning, the 2215 had 43% battery. Is anyone else noticing this?

Thanks a bunch for any help you may offer.

Manuel

christak
07-31-2003, 01:17 AM
I don't believe that the battery gets drained with the card turned off with the 4.00 drivers. The 3.00 drivers apparently do cause a 5-8% CPU usage drain according to some info posted on a thread at Brighthand. But the iPAQ has to be turned on...

I think, from what you describe, that the iPAQ turned on during the evening and since your card was inserted, it powered up and used some "juice"...

8)

mrlambo
11-07-2003, 10:54 PM
Sorry for the ignorance...

I have a H2210 and a Linksys WCF12.
I have the Senao drivers and have installed them.

Each time I plug the WCF12 back in it just says Unrecognised card.
I can't get any WiFi settings under the conn manager thingy.

Help!

If someone could give me some simple step-by-step instructions on how to get it working on my existing WiFi network I'd be very grateful.

If it helps my WiFi SSID is "WLAN", don't know if thats need during config ?

Regards Mrlambo

Mark_Venture
11-08-2003, 01:20 AM
I have a H2210 and a Linksys WCF12.
I have the Senao drivers and have installed them.

Each time I plug the WCF12 back in it just says Unrecognised card.
I can't get any WiFi settings under the conn manager thingy.

Help!

If someone could give me some simple step-by-step instructions on how to get it working on my existing WiFi network I'd be very grateful.

how about... http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86559&highlight=Senao (You just need the part about installing the Intersil drivers. You do NOT Need to install PocketWarrior) or see the post by Glen8 (about the 8th one down) in... http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17236&highlight=

Oh, and its a good idea to UNINSTALL any other Lan card drivers FIRST!! In some cases, a Hard Reset is suggested to clear everything out and start from scratch.

If it helps my WiFi SSID is "WLAN", don't know if thats need during config ?
The SSID and WEP Key (if you are using wep) will be needed during setup.

Once you get the drivers installed you can also look at... http://marzano.home.att.net/mobile/ipaq.htm for how I setup my iPAQ and wi-fi. THe included screen shots are taken while using the Senao drivers. I do have to warn you, I wrote it step by step how I actually did it... I ran into a problem and corrected that, so when you follow them, you do exactly what I did, encounter the problem, then fix it. When I get time, I need to revise them so that you follow, and take the appropriate steps so you do not have to back track like that. But it will get you started for now.

mrlambo
11-08-2003, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the reply...

Unfortunately it still doesn't work.

I hard reset my 2210.
Installed the WLAN CNET 4 drviers.
Soft Reset it.
Removed the problem link that appears on startup.
Inserted the CF Card.
typed in wlannds.dll
...nothing happened...

did everything again but this time
typed in \windows\wlannds.dll

light on CF card flickered for a bit then went out.

I had WiFi setting under "network card" but no network to connect to.

How can I enter the correct SSID ?

My AccessPoint is downstairs...I have 2 PC's up stairs using it.
So my 2210 should be able to connect from here.
There is no WEP encryption at all.

HELP ! :(

Mark_Venture
11-08-2003, 05:04 PM
I had WiFi setting under "network card" but no network to connect to.

How can I enter the correct SSID ?

My AccessPoint is downstairs...I have 2 PC's up stairs using it.
So my 2210 should be able to connect from here.
There is no WEP encryption at all.

Suggestion... TO first set it up, move as close to the Access point as you can.

Couple questions...

1. Is your access point set up to restict what MAC addresses can connect to it?

If yes, make sure the MAC address of your WCF12 listed in the table that allows access or it will never connect.

2. Is your access point set to Broadcast the SSID? Based on "I had WiFi setting under "network card" but no network to connect to." I'd guess its disabled, but....

If SSID broadcast is enabled, and MAC filtering is not turned on in your Access Point, then you should see the SSID of your Access point listed in the iPAQs wireless settings. You just need to make sure that if you are Not using WEP, that the iPAQ is set accordingly.

If SSID broadcast is disabled, then in the iPAQ's wireless settings you will not see your Access Point listed... You can manually put the settings in by... Start -> Settings -> Connections (tab). Tap the Connections icon. Tap the Advanced Tab. Tap the Network Card button. Tap Add New Settings. in the Network Name box, enter the SSID of your access point. In the Connects To drop down select work. Go to the Authentication tab. If you're sure you're not using WEP, remove the check from each box.

ale2999
11-08-2003, 05:58 PM
why dont you just use the lynksys beta drivers? I used to use the senao drivers, and now I use the lynksys

christak
11-09-2003, 06:54 AM
The Linksys beta drivers apparently do not work for everyone... There have been reports on some Brighthand threads of some users having serious problems with the beta drivers.

For me, the Senao drivers aren't "broken" -- so I'm not looking to "fix" them. Linksys took way too long to get even "beta" drivers out... I see no reason to change something that is working perfectly for me the way it is... especially a change for suspect beta software.

8)

Jeff Rutledge
11-09-2003, 08:36 AM
why dont you just use the lynksys beta drivers? I used to use the senao drivers, and now I use the lynksys

I tried them and they sucked the life out of my battery in no time (even while my unit was off).

mrlambo
11-10-2003, 04:15 PM
Thanks again...

Checked all that.
I'm in a remote area so my WiFi network is wide open...should be perfect for the 2210 WiFi to find it.

It's annoying me now.
Unplugged the CF Card...went down stairs (ontop of the Access Point)
Stuck the CF card back in..AND...nothing !

Hard reset it AGAIN!
...followed the install instructions,
then went downstairs before sticking the card in for the first time after Hard reset.
This time nothing!...don't know if I'm spelling wlannds.dll wrong but it just does nothing !

Help please...I'm close to binning the thing !