View Full Version : Great Service From HP

Enderet
07-26-2003, 06:18 PM
I am a very happy PPC owner right now.

About a week ago, I informed some here in PPCT about my 2210 suffering a two foot fall. After calling HP repair service, I decided to pay to get it fixed. They said they would send me a box in which to send it in. I called monday, I recieved the box on Tuesday, I sent it in on Wednesday.

I was told it would take 3-5 buisness days to get my PPC back, so I was thinking Id be getting it back early next week.

Then it happened. Yesterday I was leaving my home and as I opened the door and walked out I stumbled upon something. I was literaly falling, but caught myself. I turn around look at the ground and there it was. A small little brown box, just like the one I had sent it in.

I pick it up and as I am walking to my pick-up, Fear struck me. Could it be that there was a problem with the shipping? I sat in my truck, looking at the Box, searching for any clues. Then I decided the only way to find out was to open it. I Open it and there inside is a 2210. I immediately open the battery compartment and to my surprise, the serial number is definetely not the same as my old one. Then I look inside of the box again, and I found a paper that explained what they had done to the Ipaq.

They gave me a new model, but I am not sure if it is a refurbished model, since it looks new. No scratches anywhere whatsoever. Instead of having a small sticker on the back that says that it comes with Outlook 2000, there is a white sticker with 6 numbers.

I just wanted to post to let everyone know about HPs great service. I am sure that there are some people that have had problems with HP, but this is the first time I have to deal with them and it was great. Send it wednesday, get it back on friday.

GoldKey
07-26-2003, 06:23 PM
Just curious, what did they charge?

rasputinj
07-28-2003, 09:15 AM
I have had nothing short of great CS from Compaq/HP with all of the series of Ipaqs I have had.

Thinkingmandavid
07-28-2003, 02:05 PM
two foot fall? mmm, what did they charge? That doesnt sound to me anything thtat would be covered by their warranty unless you had gotten some special type of coverage from hp.
did you get that coverage or pay for it? if so how much?