View Full Version : Emoticons...

Steven Cedrone
07-26-2003, 06:06 AM
I must be a loser, I don't even bother using the "window" to pick the emoticon I need to use for a given situation...

Do you use the "window" to pick your emoticon, or do you have them memorized and just type them in...

Curious (and bored) minds want to know...

Steve

Dave Beauvais
07-26-2003, 06:17 AM
I know the code or symbols required for the ones I use the most, so I voted that I type them vs. using the window. I do, however, have to "cheat" occasionally to use the more unusual ones.

BTW, you must be bored. ;) Oh wait... I voted and replied to this, so I must be bored, too. Hmm...

--Dave

ctmagnus
07-26-2003, 06:28 AM
Do you use the "window" to pick your emoticon, or do you have them memorized and just type them in...

Depends... Occasionally I will want an emoticon (or two) an the code for it/them will just pop into my head. Other times, I get lazy and click the link to see all the emoticons. But then I have to wait forever for it to open. It's times like that, that I'm glad my memory functions on occasion.

Pony99CA
07-26-2003, 10:42 AM
I know the code or symbols required for the ones I use the most, so I voted that I type them vs. using the window. I do, however, have to "cheat" occasionally to use the more unusual ones.
Like Dave, I know the text for the ones that I use most, but use the window when I don't know the text for an emoticon that I want or when I'm not sure if there is an emoticon for a specific situtation.
Hopefully, this will help me remember the new ones. :drool: :dilemma: :takethat: :treadmill:

Steve

davidspalding
07-26-2003, 03:14 PM
So, no one has yet programmed their keyboard (if programmable) for emoticons?

Jacob
07-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Both? Some I know by heart, but some I just can't remember the text for.

maximus
07-28-2003, 03:08 AM
Both? Some I know by heart, but some I just can't remember the text for.

Same here. I know some by heart .. Such as these 3 super cool emoticons: :nonono: :takethat: and :Fade-color ...

Steven Cedrone
07-28-2003, 05:41 AM
Both...

I guess I should have thought of that... 8O

Oh well, next time...

Steve

Dave Beauvais
07-28-2003, 05:48 AM
... Oh well, next time...
Can't you just edit the poll? ;)

Now, what was that code for the jester? Ah yes, there is is... :jester:

--Dave

Steven Cedrone
07-28-2003, 05:52 AM
Can't you just edit the poll?

Yes...

But what do you do for the people that already voted?

Steve

Dave Beauvais
07-28-2003, 06:00 AM
But what do you do for the people that already voted?
Please note the use of the wink and jester emoticons in my post. :D I was partially referring to the problems that often result from the editing of polls, but was mostly attempting to be funny. It was funny in my head, anyway. :)

--Dave