View Full Version : Screen Protector for 2215?

lkawamot
07-25-2003, 11:45 PM
Hey folks,

Well, I've had the 2215 for a little over a week now and think I'm hooked. I didn't realize how much I missed having a PDA with me.

Anyway, now that I'm planning on keeping the thing, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good screen protector for it? I looked at my local tech shops and they all have various ones but none for the 2215. Also, I'm concerned about how much it affects my screen's brightness and clarity.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

rpommier
07-26-2003, 01:30 AM
I believe the Boxwave Cleartouches are the best. I've used the Brando ones on my Jornada 565 and was unable to see the text on PIE at the smallest setting. It also appeared to be a little dull.

However, with the Cleartouch on my 2210 I can read with the small text perfectly and the screen is still nice and bright. The surfaces of both have a nice feeling when using them, so that is even.

Get the Cleartouch :lol:

Rondjones54
07-26-2003, 01:40 AM
Pocket PC Techs has some. I think they are the same as the 1900's. I've used them on my 3950 and they are great!

lkawamot
07-26-2003, 01:51 AM
Thanks rpommier!

I visited their (boxwave) site and ordered a pack of 'em along with their nifty sync/charge cable! that thing is cool

Anyway, I can't wait to get that protector on my screen... I'm worried about my screen

sgyee
07-26-2003, 02:17 AM
Anything for the 1900 series will work on the 22xx.

ksh937
07-27-2003, 09:05 AM
I was looking at the Cleartouch too... what about G2, NuShield, and Fellowes (the mass manufactured ones you see in BB and CC)?

I'm concered primarily with the type of adhesive these things use... will it damage or leave some sort of residue on my screen? Also, does it make writing as smooth as on a naked screen or is it like writing on a scratchier surface? And finally, how is image quality/text quality/brightness etc. with the protector vs. without?

Thanks!

tourdewolf
07-27-2003, 02:33 PM
I have been using companionlink clear screen protectors and they work great. I have used these on dozens of palms and ppcs without a hitch, they are crystal clear, leave no residue and provide a softer writing surface not to mention one last for months. Instead of buying a different size for each handheld I just purchased a couple of packs sized for the visor prism or dell axim and cut them down to whatever size I need. It's a little more effort but cost effective.

http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CL1216&Category_Code=_19xx

TD

absolutVenky
07-27-2003, 06:53 PM
I've used Brando Workshop and Innopocket (same manufacturer, branded differently) on my previous PDAs. I'm currently using an Innopocket (for Dell) cut down to size for the 2215.

The major advantages of these over the ones you get at BB, CompUSA, etc. are that they are washable and reusable, and have excellent writing surfaces.

I looked at the Boxwave specs and it appears similar to the Brando and Innopocket. Any of these three should do great - just get one asap and use your new PDA lightly before you get it.

Chris Spera
07-28-2003, 12:22 AM
The screen protectors from Pocket PC Techs are by far the best,. You can order some for the 2200 by going here:

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=WSIPAQ03-3

Per Leonard Wesson, please note that these are the same as the ones for the 1910. These are NOT compatible with the new 1940/45.

They will however, work with your 2200.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

darrylb
07-28-2003, 07:02 AM
The screen protectors from Pocket PC Techs are by far the best,. You can order some for the 2200 by going here:

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=WSIPAQ03-3

Per Leonard Wesson, please note that these are the same as the ones for the 1910. These are NOT compatible with the new 1940/45.

They will however, work with your 2200.

Why are they not compatible with the 1940? I thought the screens were the same size?