View Full Version : Conduits Pocket Launcher 1.5

patukgal
07-25-2003, 10:51 AM
Looks like a useful and neat launcher. Just tried the demo. Anyone has any problem with this software or is there a better launcher than this?

dhettel
07-25-2003, 02:10 PM
Take a look at this program RhinoLaunch:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productType=2&optionId=1_2_2&jid=2EXX6A5E48D32E88F4C3X19CXDF3XA7F&platformId=2&siteId=1&productId=47048&sectionId=0&catalog=30&txtSearch=rhino

I use it, and like it.

Just added in V1.5.1! RhinoLaunch now allows you to add a shortcut to a directory. RhinoLaunch will then constantly monitor that directory and will automatically place the program shortcuts on the Today Screen. As you install new programs, or remove old ones, RhinoLaunch will see these changes and update the shortcuts on the Today Screen for you. This is a great feature for monitoring your game directory!
RhinoLaunch can display 'pages' of shortcuts. This is useful for setting up 'Programs', or 'Favorites', or 'Games'.
Tapping on the page name will cycle to the next page.
When setting up a shortcut, an alternative icon can be selected.
When setting up a shortcut, command line options can also be entered. This is useful for launching the same program with different options.
Page order is fully customizable.
Shortcut order is fully customizable.
Up to 5 lines of shortcuts can be displayed.
Multiple shortcuts can be added at the same time.
Shortcuts to system settings can be added ( usually found by tapping Start -> Settings ).
Can be setup to replace the standard date plugin. This will save valuable space on your today screen.
Tapping on the date will change the date format displayed.
Tapping on the clock icon on the left will display the standard clock and alarm settings dialog.
Cog icon provides a quick shortcut to the Today Screen settings page.
'New shortcut' icon provides a quick method of adding a new shortcut.

David

patukgal
07-26-2003, 01:50 AM
Thanks dhettel

I had downwloaded a trial version of Rhinolaunch. Nice and simple program but find the icons were too small. Anyway to enlarge the icons or even view named icons?

William Yeung
07-26-2003, 05:57 AM
I have been using Pocket Launcher... but I found that actually since Pocket PC era, the menu system is well designed so that I dont think a launcher is actually necessary.

Here is my comment:
Programs menu you can use the directory structure to customize, while in more than 90% of time your very busy programs (i.e. mostly used) are either on the hardware shortcut or start menu page (the dropdown) finally I decided to abandon any kind of launcher.

Those today screen addition icons are neat, but I dont really think its a very much addition, especially when you want more snapshot information to be on today screen (which WM 2003 did a nice job on showing your agenda summary there already)

dhettel
07-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Here is another that you might like better. You can control the size of the icons with this one:

http://www.tekguru.co.uk/PPC_Reviews/tdlaunch/tdlaunch.htm

David

Jason Patterson
07-28-2003, 05:57 PM
We've just launched version 1.51 which includes some bugfixes over version 1.5, mainly Windows Mobile 2003 compatibility.

Note that Pocket Launcher isn't a today-page launcher -- it is a generalized application launcher, for when you have too many icons on your Programs list that it becomes necessary to categorize them. Customizing icons, tab names and icons, and icon positioning can be done in Pocket Launcher, as well as having either a big or small icon view.

Thanks again!