View Full Version : Lights on iPAQ h555

LaserProUSA
07-25-2003, 06:33 AM
Under the antenna on the face of the PDA there are 3 lights.

1st one is for Wifi, 2nd one is for Bluetooth but what is the 3rd one for :?:

Dave Beauvais
07-25-2003, 06:43 AM
The third isn't an LED, it's the ambient light sensor for the automatic backlight adjustment feature.

--Dave

SHoTTa35
07-25-2003, 03:07 PM
so it doesn't have one for the alarms and charge status? My Ipaq 2215 has 2 one for BT and one for the alarms/charge status. Oh well... lucky you got a 5555 :D

KayMan2k
07-25-2003, 04:39 PM
I am not sure about Alarms (haven't used the feature yet) but there is a separate orange LED on the other side of the black header thingy which blinks while being charged.

Dave Beauvais
07-25-2003, 10:15 PM
so it doesn't have one for the alarms and charge status? My Ipaq 2215 has 2 one for BT and one for the alarms/charge status. Oh well... lucky you got a 5555 :D
Yes, of course it has a charging/alert LED. :duh: It's on the right side of the speaker next to the power button. It's orange for charging status and green for alerts. LaserProUSA was specifically asking about the third "LED" on the left side, which I was I only mentioned that.

--Dave

LaserProUSA
07-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Thanks to Dave for the response. Now I know why it never lights on myself. I disabled the automatic backlight adjustment feature because it would fade in and out as I moved around my office which became very annoying.

Dave Beauvais
07-28-2003, 09:35 PM
... I disabled the automatic backlight adjustment feature because it would fade in and out as I moved around my office which became very annoying.
Agreed. The auto brightness feature is nice in theory, but it changes way too often. Even just tilting the iPAQ in your hand will often cause it to readjust. The only thing I've found useful about it is that it allows the backlight to get even dimmer than the lowest brightness setting you can specify yourself, which is useful for reading in the dark.

--Dave