View Full Version : How to get rid of icons, please help

Nausicaa
07-24-2003, 07:45 PM
I have a Dell Axim X5. I put on some game programs to try out, and then I removed them because they were no good. The problem is, there are still icons for these games in the File Explorer. How do I get rid of these icons? I can't hold down the stylus to open up the rollout menu and delete. Thanks for any help.

Kati Compton
07-24-2003, 07:50 PM
Connect the PDA to the computer. Then, explore the files using the button on the ActiveSync window or go to My Computer and access Mobile Device, or whatever it's called.

After you do either of these, go to My Pocket PC > Windows > Start Menu.

From here you can delete shortcuts to whatever programs you want. Make sure they're actually shortcuts, and not actual programs, though. And not the "Programs" folder either.

mv
07-24-2003, 07:50 PM
I have a Dell Axim X5. I put on some game programs to try out, and then I removed them because they were no good. The problem is, there are still icons for these games in the File Explorer. How do I get rid of these icons? I can't hold down the stylus to open up the rollout menu and delete. Thanks for any help.

Open the file explorer, go to "windows/startmenu" and then u will see the shorcuts. Their extension is .Lnk. Just delete them.

Nausicaa
07-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Great, thanks a lot guys!